Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 31
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 9:33 pm
It's been a long while since I've did anything drawingwise, so I figured I'd start back up again. I've decided to try to get my Mobile Landing Platform going again.

[ img ]

I've moved the main superstructure back towards the middle and placed a hangar on the bow. I was able to gain some more room by enclosing the superstructure over part of the rear dock. The helipad is not the full width of the ship, due to the loading ramp on the port side, where vehicles are unloaded from the Ro-Ro ship. I estimate the width to be ~140ft (by ~250ft long). I would assume this is large enough to launch 3x heavy helicopters (vs 4x on the Lewis B. Puller) or 5-6x medium helos.

I'm still not sure if I should add a second vehicle deck above the main deck. It would increase capacity to compensate for the loss of most of the open space that is taken up by the superstructure and the rear dock, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

-Ethan

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Looks good enough and if that dock is enough for the large hovercaft it can fit two or four smaller.

Even with one large ACV she is adecuate.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 11:29 pm
Thanks odysseus.

I'm trying to make this as compatible as possible with other systems and craft. In the rear dock it can fit: a Saale, a Zubr, an Aist, or any other very large LCAC; it can fit 4x medium hovercrafts, such as the one I'll be working on for Denton, the USN LCAC, a Lebed/Tsaplya, and any others in those size categories. If the well deck is submerged, it can hold 2x LCU-83, Balikpapan, Runnymede or similar, as well as 4x of the new French L-CAT Catamarans. As well, the rear well deck can be used as an expanded staging area when the dock isn't in use.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 11:35 pm
I remember that the larger Denton ACV was equivalent with Zubr in size, so in dock all these you say definetely fit inside.

I think also that you can have removable deck over the dock for creating helipad, because I see hangar up there.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 11:38 pm
Keep an eye on sightlines from the pilothouse, and on the fact that you need to be able to ballast the vessel to allow for the hovercrafts to be able to go onboard.
Note that the USN MLP does not have hangars or vehicle decks, it is just a transfer platform from one ship to the other. This because the ramp, LCAC docks and ballast tanks already take a lot of space on the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 25th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Good point ace. I'll keep that in mind. When I'm referring to vehicle decks, I'm only referring to a possible deck above the main deck and under the helo deck. I'm going to keep it as it is, I've decided, but I was considering it. I'm not planning to put anything "inside" or underneath the main deck.

odysseus, I considered placing a smaller helo deck above the rear well deck, but it would be fairly high up, as it needs to clear the mast of the hovercraft.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: December 26th, 2017, 12:31 am
I see it. And suppose that the hangar will be sliding like that of Lupo Class frigates:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bJfL ... mgmax=1024

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: January 11th, 2018, 2:53 am
A lot of my ships (all of my ships) were essentially slightly changed copies of other real ships. I want to change that and try to diverge into actually creating ships, rather than copying them.

Here is my first ship to be redrawn, BB-1 Innsbruck, Denton's first battleship, built domestically in Lock Haven.
[ img ]

Lots of changes to the original Innsbruck (which was very similar to BB-7 Illinois), especially new parts. I've also decided to deviate from having a separate SS report for every ship in text below the image. Instead, important technical information will be located on the image itself (so I don't have to keep up with it). And with permission, I slightly changed the template.

I think I covered most everything in the specs and drawing. If anyone has comments, as always they are welcomed.

Also, for those interested, I have included a Google Earth .kmz file on the first page with the locations of Denton and Salide, as well as place names. (note, place names in Salide are official. Not all place names in Denton are, so some will be changed in the future. However, major city names will stay the same)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 31

Jump to: