Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1218 »
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 27th, 2019, 9:45 pm
D.

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 26th, 2019, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 27th, 2019, 10:15 pm
D

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 22nd, 2019, 8:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 10:27 am
D.

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 26th, 2019, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 3:29 pm
The Ju352 is a good idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 4:08 pm
odysseus1980 wrote: *
The Ju352 is a good idea.
Thanks, would have been sort of a German version of the American DC-4... but with a far better loading capability.

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 7th, 2019, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 4:28 pm
That which will gain you the most points with people is if you make comprehensive and finely executed drawings of real life vessels. As for AU:s... The thing is that most ships have already been drawn, if you get my meaning. I mean, sure, not your ships specifically, but ships close enough in design that you're not really bringing anything new to the table. Unless you come up with an original design for a ship - while remaining practical - you've got to really nail the drawing, and that's hard with kitbashes.
Shipbucket has for quite sometime been known as a rather elitist forum. Unless you crack out something very impressive, chances are people won't take the time to comment, all the more since the bar for AU:s in particular has been raised significantly during the last years, both in terms of background and drawings.
If you want to impress more, I'd suggest drawing your ships from scratch, rather than kitbash. Use gun turrets, directors, boats, etc(colloquially called 'parts' here on the 'bucket) freely, but avoid using pre-existing hulls, superstructure elements, and so on. Maybe even have a stab at a real-life vessel, since that's the likeliest to get you comments on your work.
Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 5:57 pm
KHT wrote: *
That which will gain you the most points with people is if you make comprehensive and finely executed drawings of real life vessels. As for AU:s... The thing is that most ships have already been drawn, if you get my meaning. I mean, sure, not your ships specifically, but ships close enough in design that you're not really bringing anything new to the table. Unless you come up with an original design for a ship - while remaining practical - you've got to really nail the drawing, and that's hard with kitbashes.
Shipbucket has for quite sometime been known as a rather elitist forum. Unless you crack out something very impressive, chances are people won't take the time to comment, all the more since the bar for AU:s in particular has been raised significantly during the last years, both in terms of background and drawings.
If you want to impress more, I'd suggest drawing your ships from scratch, rather than kitbash. Use gun turrets, directors, boats, etc(colloquially called 'parts' here on the 'bucket) freely, but avoid using pre-existing hulls, superstructure elements, and so on. Maybe even have a stab at a real-life vessel, since that's the likeliest to get you comments on your work.
Cheers.
Well, now, that is exactly what I expected to hear from someone here. Many thanks for your input. Seems logical, what you say. Just one point: My interest in an AU Germany navy is based on my profound hatred on all the people which took control of the country from 1933 to 1945 as well as for those "a¨¨holes" supporting them! It represents for me a much higher challenge to try to show my ideas of what the DKM could have been if Germany had a "normal" regime in those times, than to stick to something existing or having existed in the real world... Is there still much room for something, regarding real projects, or as I suppose all has already been drawn? Be it as it may, I will take notice from what you say here and continue having that in sight. Thanks again! CG

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 28th, 2019, 7:40 pm
Well... A lot has been drawn, especially when it comes to the more famous vessels. That said, there is nothing preventing you from drawing a ship that has already been done before(In some cases people can get grouchy about this, but as a rule, you're free to draw what you want, as long as it is relevant material and conform to style standards). It might not get uploaded to the archive, unless you're able to prove that your drawing is the more accurate one, but it's worth the practice.
It'd recommend picking something destroyer-sized. It's big enough that you get to do a bit with it, but small enough that it won't be hard giving it appropriate details. I usually start at the waterline and work upwards, finishing with the underwater hull. Maybe one of the historical ships appearing in your AU?
And by the by, I like the premise of your setting.
Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 29th, 2019, 2:42 am
KHT wrote: *
And by the way, I like the premise of your setting.
Cheers.
Thanks, mate! If you just could imagine the story I have already written down regarding a post-nazi regime in Germany like I described here crosslinked with the "Winter War" from December 1939 on, and how that evolves...

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 29th, 2019, 12:52 pm
D

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 22nd, 2019, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1218 »

Jump to: