Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Mauser
Post subject: [Personal Designs] Kapkan's FD Scales Vehicles [RA3/F4/WZ2100]Posted: February 18th, 2019, 7:07 pm
(Before you read the text,i draw the Sickle from a Concept Art and most of the Information comes from the Fandom. Source included)
(I will change all vehicles now with an black outline,looks better without but its an rule here)

[1. KDB-5 Sickle] [2. Reaper] [3. KDB-2 Bullfrog] [4. Stingray] [5.Hammer Tank] [6:´. Pepperpot cobra wheels]

Hello,today i present you here the KDB-5 Sickle from the game "Command and Conquer Red Alert 3".
The Sickle is an fast Anti-infantry walker equipped with 3 Heavy 12.7 mm machineguns and 4 Terrain stilt-legs. The Sickle has weak armor but
an abilitiy called flea jump.

The Sickle was built by "Kazminov Design Bureau" in the USSR(Ukraine) and was originally designed as an police vehicle for controlling large crowds, but because of the durable steel stilt-legs and three articulated gunnery positions (which is ideal for attacking multiple targets) was later used in the war. Because of the special ability,the sickle can reach places where tracked Vehicles cant reach and is a perfect vehicle because of its ability for ambushing.

Despite its innovative nature,the Sickle is because of the inexpensive alloy cost effective. This is also a contra because it can be easier encountered by tanks and anti-armor weapons. The Guns are also not able to shoot at aircrafts.

After the war, thousands of Sickles met their defeat on the battlefield and was used by the soviet regime in their propanganda campaign to its people.

------
Personally to say i think the Sickle is also capable of moving on rough terrain and mountains, because of its legs. I draw some Camos of my own also.
I had no measurements i used the gunner as an measurement for the Whole Sickle. If you think the Sickle is too small you can comment that,but think, i draw the sickle from the concept art. The only thing i added are the different Camos.

[ img ]

- Camos removed -

Source:

Fandom/Concept art: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Sickle

C&C Red Alert 3: Sickle Surveillance Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2FFt5h9zJw

Last edited by Mauser on April 12th, 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design from Red Alert 3] KDB-5 Sickle (Anti-infantry walker)Posted: February 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm
That's bloody A - W - E - S - O - M - E!

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design from Red Alert 3] KDB-5 Sickle (Anti-infantry walker)Posted: February 18th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Yowzah! Awesome work :)

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design from Red Alert 3] KDB-5 Sickle (Anti-infantry walker)Posted: February 21st, 2019, 10:16 pm
Andrzej1 wrote: *
That's bloody A - W - E - S - O - M - E!
llamaman2 wrote: *
Yowzah! Awesome work :)
Thanks for your positive comments :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] C&C Red Alert 3 Vehciles FD ScalePosted: February 21st, 2019, 10:17 pm
(Before you read the text,i draw the Reaper from a 3D model and most of the information comes from the Fandom. Source included)
(Also all Camos are from me not the game)

Good evening,here you can see the Reaper from the game "Command and Conquer RedAlert 3 Uprising".
The Reaper is like the Sickle an walker and built by the Ministry of Experimental Science. The difference is that the Reaper was an prototype and it is an Anti-Surface / Anti-Air Walker with 3 grenade launchers (they look more like mortars or light guns) and an Katysha rocket launcher. And like the Sickle 4 heavier and bulkier Terrain stilt-legs. It has thicker armor than the sickle and has an similiar ability. The problem is that the legs break after the jump. This is has a small pro which can be used to smash vehicles or a group of hostile troops. After the landing the reaper is mostly able to shoot afterwards even without legs.

There are several reasons why the sickle was more preferred than the reaper. First the Sickle was obviously cheaper than the Reaper.It cost more than a main battletank. Second in 99% of the tests,Reapers legs always broke when it landed and the crew grown fearful of having to use the vehicle's jump capability because of how painful the landings are. The only pro in comparison to the Sickle is that Reaper could jump longer than the Sickle.
But the primary flaw was its multiple weapon systems are too heavy for its spindly legs means that the Reaper was also slower than the sickle.

From all problems that the Reaper had. It appeared as a very capable multipurpose combat vehicless.

Most Soviet forces are considered to be specialized and efficient, the Reaper can be seen as something of a jack-of-all-trades, but while being a jack-of-all-trades, it is very effective in doing it's job even with all the flaws

But why was the Reaper used after the war?
Thousands of Sickles met their defeat on the battlefield, but this did not stop the Soviet Ministry from refurbishing an older and less reliable prototype in an effort to defensive capability and to remain solvent as a business.

(in other words,too many sickles were lost during war. But since Reapers saw no combat in the war,they had many prototypse in storage and were only renovated)

------
Since this is an prototype before Sickle. The Reapers first purpose was likely to be an police vehicle.
Personally to say since the Reaper could also walk on rough terrain like the sickle and the legs looks more capable for using heavy weapons makes it ideal for using the weapons on rough terrain or in mountains regions. One personal flaw i see here is that the Reaper is too large and high,what means that the Reaper was easier to spot and more difficulty to hide on the battlefield.(i know its more designed to be an direct attack unit than an reconnaissance or an unit for ambushes)

[ img ]

- Camos removed -

3D Model: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc ... 0614125300
Fandom: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Reaper_(Uprising)

C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising: Reaper Surveillance Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0EBt-QPbE

Last edited by Mauser on March 28th, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] Red Alert 3 units. FD ScalePosted: February 22nd, 2019, 8:04 am
Very nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Farooqbhai007
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] Red Alert 3 units. FD ScalePosted: February 22nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
Really great design , like all your camo's very much ,thanks for the apc

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] Red Alert 3 units. FD ScalePosted: February 22nd, 2019, 7:03 pm
Marvellous! Keep drawing! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] Red Alert 3 units. FD ScalePosted: February 25th, 2019, 9:51 pm
Farooqbhai007 wrote: *
Really great design , like all your camo's very much ,thanks for the apc
Rhade wrote: *
Very nice work.
Andrzej1 wrote: *
Marvellous! Keep drawing! :)
Thanks for more positive comments. I will now try drawing Vehicles without using Concept arts from Sideview.

And no problem for the APCs :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Designs] Red Alert 3 units. FD ScalePosted: February 25th, 2019, 10:08 pm
(Before you read the text,i draw the Bullfrog not from Side View Concept Art(Picture i used under the pictures) and most of the Information comes from the Fandom. Source included)

(Pictures changed! Added mancannon)

It is now time for some AA. And this time i introduce you the KDB-2 Bullfrog. The Bullfrog is an Halftrack Anti-Air Amphibious Troop Carrier equipped with two PVS 5-7 Tucha 23mm Cannon and an CC98 Hlopushka Troop-Deployment System.

The Bullfrog, designed by the Kazminov Design Bureau, the same company who built the sickle is an Amphibious variant of the Flak track with and a newer more specialized version of its predecessor's flak cannon which is faster and more dangerous to hostile airplanes. But the more unique feature is the
CC98 Hlopushka Troop-Deployment System also called man-cannon. With this System, the Bullfrog is able to launch soldiers in a range of roughly 1000 meters.

-----
Personally to say the Bullfrog is a really nice vehicle. In the game it looks so fantastic when the Bullfrog is shooting down airplanes. For me the Bullfrog is more of an APC. You can put any gun on it. While being an Troop Carrier. And if you dont need an Troop Carrier. The Bullfrog could be converted to an IFV or Artillery. The front wheels looks replaceble with tracks.

[ img ]

- Camos removed -

Fandom: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Bullfrog

C&C Red Alert 3: Bullfrog Surveillance Footage:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFOmlMkTqOI

Last edited by Mauser on March 28th, 2019, 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: