Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Albert1099
Post subject: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 23rd, 2019, 12:20 am
Country Name:Republic of The Philippines

Flag:
[ img ]

Coat of Arms:
[ img ]

-Information-

Capital:
Manila
Area:
300,000 km²
Population:
1951: 21,736,410(Current Date for the AU)
Government:
Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President(1953):
Elpidio Quirino (Liberal Party)

Sent 'em running to the huts!"

Last edited by Albert1099 on April 17th, 2019, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 23rd, 2019, 12:50 am
-Ground Forces-
-(1947-1953)-

-1st Infantry Division-

A2 Tamaraw
[ img ]
A derivative of the M3 used as a reconnaissance vehicle(also as an artillery spotting vehicle). 25 where built or converted from retired/damaged M3's. Used by all battalions of this division.

M3 "Sasakyan"
[ img ]
Still used untill 1965 after WWII, the "Sasakyan" nickname refers to the locally produced/refurbished versions of the M3. About 70 of these are in service. Used by all infantry battalions of this division.

M4A3,M4A3 HVSS & M4A3-Firefly hybrid
[ img ]

Mostly retired US Army Variants, Both the Firelfly and M4A3E8 where tested during a trial for the lastest M4A3 upgrade. The QF 17-pounder gun was chosen because it performed better at jungle and plain environments when tested, but the engine of the Firefly did not proved the same, they choose the M4A3E8's engine and produced it with a License to handle the 17-pounder's weight. Latest update was Identified as "M4A3QF17" or simply as the "M4A3PH" but both designations are not official. 44 where in service in 1951 and 5 more was produced locally in 1953. Prominently used in the 1st Cavalry Squadron.

M18 Hellcat
[ img ]

Obtained when the US fully retired M18 in service, about 20 where given by the Philippines. Used by the 10th Infantry (Steady…On) Battalion.

A13 SPG
[ img ]

A mix between M7 Priest and M12 Gun Motor Carriage after they where both retired fro US service and some in Philippine service. Both where mixed and resulted in the creation of the A13 SPG, due to some units being nonfunctional due to terrain and design problems and lacking of parts to ease of use. Only 15 where Converted, and 3 where built from the scratch once the factories managing maintenance of M4's was able to produce 5 more M4A3PH's with the help of experienced US M4 engineers. Prominently used in the 1st Field Artillery Battalion.

Last edited by Albert1099 on June 11th, 2019, 12:52 am, edited 17 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 23rd, 2019, 10:07 am
Nice start, you beat me to it. :lol: :lol: I'm actually trying to restart my own Philippine AU version, debating whether I should do one starting from 1935 to somewhere in 2020 or just start at 2020.

Stercus accidit! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 23rd, 2019, 11:12 pm
kerkie wrote: *
Nice start, you beat me to it. :lol: :lol: I'm actually trying to restart my own Philippine AU version, debating whether I should do one starting from 1935 to somewhere in 2020 or just start at 2020.
Eh, you can still do your AU, I'm just doing my own stuff here. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 1:00 am
Hi, Albert. Very good effort with your AU Phillipine Army. Only one detail. The barrel of the Sherman Firefly looks slimmer than the barrel of the previous Sherman tanks. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 1:41 am
reytuerto wrote: *
Hi, Albert. Very good effort with your AU Phillipine Army. Only one detail. The barrel of the Sherman Firefly looks slimmer than the barrel of the previous Sherman tanks. Cheers.
Dark Panda's Firefly was like that, Should I make it more thicker

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 2:54 am
I think that yes. I mean, that the aim is to have visually all the barrels (mm more, mm less) of similar caliber, with the same numbers of pixels wide. Cheers.

PS: Alternatively, if you prefer, you can make thinner the barrels of the first Shermans, and also, the barrel of the Hellcat. It depends on the evolution of the armoured corps of your AU army ;) .

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 4:13 am
reytuerto wrote: *
I think that yes. I mean, that the aim is to have visually all the barrels (mm more, mm less) of similar caliber, with the same numbers of pixels wide. Cheers.

PS: Alternatively, if you prefer, you can make thinner the barrels of the first Shermans, and also, the barrel of the Hellcat. It depends on the evolution of the armoured corps of your AU army ;) .
Made that change happen, is that ok?

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Looks fine!

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: Republic of The Philippines AU (FD Scale)Posted: April 9th, 2019, 6:41 am
So, just uploaded the newest unit for the 1st Inf. Division, any suggestions on what should I add next?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: