Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 8:57 pm
Something tells me it's going to be an epic thread. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 24th, 2019, 7:37 am
Thanks Erik_T, your explanation information is very informative, as you can see my layman hydrodynamics were rusty!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 25th, 2019, 9:49 pm
I have read about project 673 - it was cancelled because it's constructor realised that soviet level of shipbuilding and cybernetics didn't allow to build it (the plans were truly napoleonic - to build a sub without sail and with complement not bigger than size of a heavy bomber crew). That goals were unreachable with soviet levels of science, so the development was ceased after completing blueprints, even hydrodynamic model was not completed.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 28th, 2019, 9:35 am
USSR - Project M2
[ img ]
A monstrously large submarine by any standards, the 5,360 ton P-2 design was to be equipped with both Ballistic Missiles and Cruise Missiles, as well as its own midget submarines. It was designed just as the Cold War was starting in 1949 as the next generation of heavy submarine for the Soviet Navy.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on April 29th, 2019, 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
AF92
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 28th, 2019, 12:11 pm
Hard Bass submarine !

[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 28th, 2019, 1:30 pm
I've always liked Project M2 as kinda weird as it is, great work as always :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 28th, 2019, 8:04 pm
An interesting concept, bizarre in its configuration and idea, an excellent drawing.
one criticism concerns the Project number. The link you attached clearly states it to be Project P-2. On your drawing you wrote Project M-2. So which is it?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 29th, 2019, 7:43 am
Surely one of the most craziest submarines ever designed, but certainly a good addition to this thread.

I echo Novice's question, I've never seen this as anything other than P-2, but of course its possible there has been a translation error somewhere?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 29th, 2019, 11:48 am
Novice wrote: *
An interesting concept, bizarre in its configuration and idea, an excellent drawing.
one criticism concerns the Project number. The link you attached clearly states it to be Project P-2. On your drawing you wrote Project M-2. So which is it?
i‘m not sure..... in the russian tekst is M-2... I think....
[url][/http://militaryrussia.ru/blog/index-906.htmlurl]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Soviet never-built Submarine designsPosted: April 29th, 2019, 12:14 pm
That symbol is not actually an M, is the Cyrillic letter for "pe", which is P for us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe_(Cyrillic)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: