Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 4:24 am
As promised, I am publishing a comprehensive folder, or album for those of you interested in the British Type22. Since my previous thread logged an amazing 17 pages, and the publication of the different ships ended up being in somewhat haphazard manner, I offer now a cleaned-up and easy-to-page system where I begin with the first launched vessel, the HMS Broadsword, pairing it with its foreign identity (In this case the Brazilian Greenhalgh). Only a few of the ships in the class turned out not to have a second-hand owner. This is done for easy comparison. For each image I will state what year it is depicted as. The ships' images have been thoroughly overhauled so as not to be erronenous. I have come across a plethora of new images rendering the corrections both necessary and easier to do.

The Coats-of Arms are solely the courtesy of KimWerner. In fact, his mastership in drawing these exquisite pieces of art compelled me to further improve my ships' renderings.

I hope you will enjoy it when I duly present for you the entire Type22 catalogue of ships. With the decommissioning of the HMS Cornwall fast nearing, an epoch is closing on the annals of Royal Navy. I am convinced that both the MoD and Defence Secretary Rt. Hon. Liam Fox shall have cause to feel remorse in paying off these extremely capable and powerful ships. It is a stark irony that when the last of the British Type22s is gone, the only ones remaining will be in foreign hands, though they are still quite a handful. It is also a curious fact that of the three sub groups, or batches, it is the newest which will be deleted the earliest! Presently there are seven of them sailing under various flags: four B1s under Brazilian flag; 1 B2 under the Chilean and two similar ones under the Romanian flag. By June none will remain under the White Ensign...

The Catalogue:

HMS Broadsword as she appeared during the Falklands Campaign, 1982:

[ img ]

Renamed as Greenhalgh (Brazil), in 1995. Appearance as of 2010:

[ img ]

HMS Battleaxe as completed, 1980:

[ img ]

Renamed Rademaker (Brazil), 1997; as of 2007:

[ img ]

HMS Brilliant as of 1995, as lead cast of the television documentary HMS Brilliant (BBC Productions):

[ img ]

Renamed Dodsworth (Brazil), in 1996, laid up by 2009; as of 2005:

[ img ]

HMS Brazen, shown during the First Gulf War, 1990, with the Armilla - Patrol:

[ img ]

Renamed Bosísio (Brazil), in 1996; as of 2011:

[ img ]

HMS Boxer, as of 1986; deleted 1999:

[ img ]

HMS Beaver, shown during the First Gulf War, 1990/91; deleted in 1999:

[ img ]

HMS Brave, as of 1994; deleted 1999:

[ img ]

HMS London, as of 1997:

[ img ]

Renamed RNS Regina Maria (Romania) 2003; as of 2005:

[ img ]

HMS Sheffield, as of 2000:

[ img ]

Renamed CNS Almirante Williams (Chile), as delivered 2003:

[ img ]

CNS Almirante Williams as rebuilt, as of 2010:

[ img ]

HMS Coventry, as of 1998:

[ img ]

Renamed RNS Regele Ferdinand (Romania), in 2004; as of 2005:

[ img ]

HMS Cornwall, as of 2011:

[ img ]

HMS Cumberland, as of 2011:

[ img ]

HMS Campbeltown, as of 2010:

[ img ]

HMS Chatham, as Guardship for HMY Britannia at the official withdrawal from Hong Kong, 1997:

[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on May 2nd, 2011, 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 6:26 am
May I suggest you integrate the year into the drawing instead of writing it next to them. That way we'll still be able to figure out when the picture is supposed to show them once they've been uploaded to the main site.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 7:44 am
marvelous superb bravo zulu and magnificent album allthogether, brings back some fond memory's thx and keep up the marvelous work

[Profile] [Quote]
Atalaya
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 8:54 am
Excellent work and presentation, I like.

;) ;) ;) ;)

If you want contact with me,I'm in Facebook. Send me a private message.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 10:15 am
:( There is a kind of file error on Broadsword. The CoA colour has changed into an odd look :shock:

But else: Fantastic and a good overview :D If you follow the good idea of putting the years on each vessel, I'll promote it to MARVELLOUS :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Defiant9477
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 12:07 pm
Excellent, loking forward to your next project.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 30th, 2011, 4:22 am
As Tom Clancy said, these have the graceful lines ships rather than the 'brick garage' look of American ships of the same era.
I hope H.M.'s Navy replaces them with something equally as beautiful, and half s functional.

Excellent work on the comparative illustrations, Bezobrazov.

[Profile] [Quote]
rickdog
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 1st, 2011, 11:49 am
:shock:
Great, fabulous work, bezobrazov, my friend. It`s been a very long time since my last post here, since my contribution here was only limiting itself to praise the work of others, but nothing coming out of me, which annoys many as well. And as I´m not into drawing any longer, I might as well not post much, to not annoy anyone, but when a good work as this one here appears, I feel compelled to at least recognize the author whom did it, as I am doing right now. 8-)

To my totally unexpert eyes ( :oops: ), it´s one of the best jobs done in regards to a particular class of ship. Great to see it here in the bucket first and not somewhere else, as due to the beauty and perfection of them and particularly of this portafolio, these drawings sure will appear in lots of other places as well, which will give more credit to the importance of the shipbucket forum, among anybody who is fond to ship drawings and not a regular contributor, as myself.

BTW (he, he, he, :lol: , old joke), great badges too kim werner, good to see them in this portafolio too, together with the respective ships to whom they are entitled.

Enough said this time,.......... back to lurking :arrow:

......bye, see you around.....
;)

PS :-
(What ?, too much smiley`s ?, Annoying ?, can`t help it, it`s part of myself....)
Ban me if you don`t like it, :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm
Ok cleaned up the heated discussion into seperate thread so this thread can continue in its orginal purpose

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 3:57 pm
Thank you, Golly!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: