Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 112 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1110 111 112 113 114166 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 17th, 2019, 2:15 am
Good evening, guys! Thanks, Dalamace! Nicely done rifles and grenade launchers!
A jewel among the submachine guns, Beretta Modello 38A:
[ img ]
Well regarded by italian friends and foes. It was finelly made, very reliable, controlable, accurate, and nice to shot. But it was also a heavy weapon, expensive and needs a lot of machining and milling in its manfacture. It was capable to fire single shots and bursts with a double trigger set, and was specially accurate even at long distances (for a smg). As the handle was non reciprocating, it was less prone to ingest dust and dirt than other firearms and this aid to the general reliability of the weapon. It was used by the Italian police (the first version, with a 10 round magazine and bayonet) and army, but also by the germans, and the allied used almost every gun that was captured. It used 10, 20, 30 and 40 round magazines, sturdy and reliable double feed, double stack magazines.
I had read that was used in the Spanish Civil War, but I don´t know if it was only used by CTV italian troops late in the war, or if some was also issued to spanish troops. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 17th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Woooo!
Lots of fantastic entries here. Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 21st, 2019, 12:27 am
[ img ]

A redo on the XM8, in its first version during the testing period with the US Army. Variants and later iterations may be done, but others are welcome to work on those, especially on making more accurate versions of the variants than what I got.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
Seapuppy1
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 23rd, 2019, 3:29 am
Has anyone done the Smith & Wesson M&P series of Pistols and AR's? I didn't see any, but I might have missed it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Pantsu
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 23rd, 2019, 12:01 pm
Seapuppy1 wrote: *
Has anyone done the Smith & Wesson M&P series of Pistols and AR's? I didn't see any, but I might have missed it.
There are none of those made.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 25th, 2019, 2:27 am
Good evening guys!

The main Italian MG of WWI was an indigenous development, the delayed blowback, water cooled Fiat Revelli Modello 1914.
[ img ]
This MG was selected by reasons of national pride over the Maxim chambered for the then standard italian round in 6.5 x 52 mm. This MG was placed in full production in 1914, and despite being mechanically reliable, its feed system was not the common belt or the less common strip, but a complex and prone to stoppages box ("cage") containing 50 or 100 rounds. It was water cooled, but instead having a Vickers style condensator, it had one with a close circulation by means of a pump. Another detail problem was that the locking knob had a rear movement very close to the hands of the gunner (until it was stopped by a recoil pad, just forward of the trigger mechanism), and this arrangement led to several accidents.

In the interwar years, the italians noticed that the current cartridge was underpowered, so they developed the Breda 8x59 mm, a rebated rim round. While waiting for the introduction of the new Breda M37 MG, the Italian Army also modernized many of the huge stock of Modello 14 MG. The modernization consisted in changing the chamber and barrel for the new 8 mm round, replacing the odd feed mechanism for a typical belt system from the left and an air cooled heavier barrel (briefly and unsuccsessfully, it was attempted an oiling system for lubricating each cartridge, but the oil pump was discarted). Unfortunatelly the problem with the arming knob (which was of cruciform shape) was unsolved. The resulting weapon was the medium MG Fiat Revelli Modello 35, which solved the issues of lack of stopping power and feeding, but with problems of reliability because it suffered from jammings rather often.

[ img ]

Both MG were used by the Italian Army in Abyssinia, the Spanish Civil War and WWII with a rather indifferent record. In the SCW it was used both by the italian troops of CTV (Corpo Truppe Volontarie or Voluntary Troops Corps) , and the francoist army. During the rout of Guadalajara in 1937 (the last attempt to encircle Madrid before shifting the war to the North), the Italians lost to the republicans nearly a hundred of Fiat Revelli 14 and 35. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Farooqbhai007
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 25th, 2019, 2:55 am
Really nice MGs reyturto , impressive work done

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 25th, 2019, 4:11 am
Nice MAB 38 rey! Do you intend to do the MAB 38/42 in the future?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 25th, 2019, 9:26 pm
Excellent drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 29th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Nice XM8, Truckola! It was a pity the fate of a so futuristic looking gun.
Thanks for your input Eswube, Farooq and BK75 which is invaluable. I think that the wartime Beretta (but with a lighter shade of brown in the woodwork) was done by Satirius.

The Rolls Royce of the SMG! The german-swiss-austrian Rheinmetall-Solothurn-Steyr S-1/100 or MP-34.
[ img ]

Designed by the German Rheinmetall company, it was further developed by the swiss company Solothurn, which was bought by Rheinmetall to avoid the restrictions of the Versailles Treaty. First adopted by the austrian police in 9x23 Steyr in 1930 as MP-30, it was later adopted by the austrian army in the powerful 9x25 cartridge. An open bolt blowback operated submachine gun, it was made by another Rhinematall controlled company, Steyr of Austria, but was commerced both to civilian and military markets from Zurich.

This gun was extremelly well made. With extensive and careful machining and an exquisite overall finish. But it was also expensive. Despite of this, It was well sold during the 1930s in several calibers (9×19mm Luger Parabellum; 9×23 Steyr; 9×25mm Mauser; 7.63×25mm Mauser; .45 ACP; 7.65×21mm Parabellum) and to countries in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. It was first used in the bloody Chaco War, and later saw use in the Spanish Civil War (but I don´t know in what caliber or calibers it was chambered) , the short lived Peruvian-Ecuatorian war of 1941, and as late as the 1970s in the colonial wars in Portuguese Africa. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 112 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1110 111 112 113 114166 »

Jump to: