Pavesi P4/100 Artillery Tractor
An innovative agricultural tractor designed by Ugo Pavesi in 1918 at the La Motomeccanica Brevetti Ing. Pavesi company in Milan, the P4 was the first Italian four-wheel drive tractor, a double-articulated frame that ensured all four wheels always touched the ground, and oversized wheels, giving it excellent mobility regardless of terrain. However, the same features that made it an excellent all-terrain vehicle also made it prohibitively expensive for civilian clients.
The P4/100 version was a dedicated military model, with a lengthened chassis, modified gearbox, and other improvements. Since its introduction in Italian service, the P4 received a slew of improvements and production was licensed out to Fiat and SPA to meet the 1000 vehicle order placed by the Regio Esercito. Other users prior and during WWII was, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland, Germany & Uk (ex Italian Vehicles)