Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
bugsier_060
Post subject: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 8th, 2023, 1:25 pm
Message to admins,

hi guys, the US Navy Battlecruiser Section in Drawings/Real Designs has disappeared, as far as I could see.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 8th, 2023, 2:01 pm
bugsier_060 wrote: *
Message to admins,

hi guys, the US Navy Battlecruiser Section in Drawings/Real Designs has disappeared, as far as I could see.
After my understanding, there have never been a US battlecruiser section, they are all collected under battleships. Even for the Royal Navy that had many battlecruiser, they are collected under Battleships. The same with dreadnought's

After all Battlecruiser is more or less a Battleship with less armor for more speed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 8th, 2023, 2:06 pm
The US has never had any irl battlecruisers. The Alaskas were cruisers, so they are under that section.

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 9th, 2023, 1:27 pm
OK, thanks guys, I didn't realize that the Alaskas belong to the group of the cruisers.

@heuhen, I knew the technical basics of a battlecruiser even before I was born :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 13th, 2023, 9:54 pm
The Real-Life US Battlecruiser section has not disappeared, because it was never created in the first place.
(But the Never-Were US Battlecruiser section is alive and well: http://shipbucket.com/drawings?category ... hipType=10 )
heuhen wrote: *
Even for the Royal Navy that had many battlecruiser, they are collected under Battleships. The same with dreadnought's
Not at all. Battlecruisers had and have separate sections in all relevant countries, including Great Britain: http://shipbucket.com/drawings?category ... hipType=10

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Navy Battlecruiser Section has disappearedPosted: February 14th, 2023, 2:47 am
Not when I was in an checked, I mad sure I checked before I wrote that text, weird :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: