Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:38 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
Mihoshik wrote:

If MihoshiK wants to complain about this, he WOULD. Do not presume to speak for him.

-MihoshiK
Rules are rules... Not following them is a ban (According a certain Moderator)

And my line whas more of a question to see for others what they thought then tell he had to change it.
No need to do stuff like this.
First. No, you did NOT voice your line as "a question to see for others what they thought", you flat out told Beo that he should credit me. Then you repeated that trick. TELLING people that they should credit others is what Moderators and Admins do. You're neither.
If you'd voiced it like : "Hey Beo, shouldn't you credit MihoshiK? " and NOT followed it up with a "Look at me being f*cking cool" smiley, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But since we are, allow me to show you what I pm'ed Beo when he asked me if he'd done anything wrong:

MihoshiK wrote:
You didn't do anything wrong.

Besides, when Coloseum and Co. introduced the "standard sheets" the T23 was inadvertedly credited to me. I just updated it a bit with the stealth turret etc. The original drawing is actually by Andrew Arthur, who did a few drawings of RN ships in 2 pixels = 1 foot scale, back when the internet was young, in 1999. I started doing drawings of various ships in that scale, posted em on various message boards, and it took off from there.
I have no clue as to what happened to Andrew Arthur: His site went offline long before Shipbucket really took off. All we have is snapshots on the Wayback Machine:

http://wayback.archive.org/web/19991001 ... avy.org.uk

So IF you wish to credit anyone (And I don't think you need to) it would be Andrew Arthur.

So Mitch, happy now? Beo asked me, not you (since he doesn't have to take you into account at all here), and he got my opinion on this. And my opinion is that it's all good.

Another opinion of mine is that I'd better not catch you playing backseat moderator again. If you have complaints, you can either ask people (politely!), or you can PM any one of the moderators, so that they can deal with it.
Do not TELL people what to do on this board. Not until you're a moderator. And I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Am I being clear here? A simple Yes/No will suffice.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:52 pm
(Leaving the Moderator's response aside) - If you so wish I can do the HMS Norfolk too. Now, do you have any particular year you'd want depicted?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:55 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
(Leaving the Moderator's response aside) - If you so wish I can do the HMS Norfolk too. Now, do you have any particular year you'd want depicted?
Earliest. That way we get a nice contrast between the two.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 18th, 2011, 12:35 am
Agreed then! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 18th, 2011, 11:16 am
Great work bezobrazov. I knew you would do it justice.

The Type 23 certainly looks quite cramped compared to modern designs, I guess that a result of its origins and the addition of weapons and sensors over time from its humble sonar sled origins. Still I think the Type 23s are some of the sleekest frigates in the RN and better looking overall than the 22s.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 9:48 am
Thanks, Hood. Now, if you look carefully, there's one glaring error on the posted drawing (which I haven't have had time to correct yet (by posting the corrected version!). I'll let you find it, though... 8-) (I have submitted to Golly the correct version, however!) Anyway, yes, they appear rather cramped, and the concentration of the main armament (-s) forward, too, would be a potential liability, and, while they can be considered handsome, I still think IMO that the Type22s (especially the B2s!) beat them for looks! ;) :D

[Profile] [Quote]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:53 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Can you do the HMS Norfolk from the year 2002, thats when i was aboard and .... :D thx and keep up the good work

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Type 23 Class FrigatesPosted: June 25th, 2011, 5:55 pm
This is a really awesome drawing. I've always liked these ships and you've done an excellent job. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: