Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
GroundSluger
Post subject: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 5:46 pm
I've noticed that no one has really come up with a standard for SB scale vehicles so I've decided to give it a go.
Since I only have good sources for WWII era vehicles I'll try to limit myself to that but generally when I say "WWII" I mean anything that was used in the war or built as a result of it whether it saw combat or not. This includes experimental vehicles and vehicles that where actually built after the war but where designed based on war time requirements (like some members of the Soviet IS family).

I won't start posting any right away because I need to figure out how I should organize the groupings.
I'm thinking of posting all the vehicles of a certain type and country in one drawing but if anyone has any ideas just spit them out.

As it stands now, I have done almost 300 vehicles in SB scale with a standard colour scheme. I won't be posting vehicles in camo or with markings because: 1) it takes too much time, 2) my sources aren't really good enough to depend on for that amount of detail, and 3) it gives everyone the chance to add the markings they want.

Finally, I have tried to keep the colouring for gun calibers the same as it is in the WWII gun part sheets to keep with the spirit of standardizing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm
My question is why you'd need, say, a Tiger on a ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 9:41 pm
Hmm good point. I've thought about that but perhaps it is a landing craft or a transport ship? Also, people might want them for their AU or marine forces. Plus there are amphibious tanks too! :D (and I'll post a bunch of those)

But apart from all that, I've just noticed that people do dibbs and dabs when it comes to SB scale vehicles and some of them look pretty bad. On top of that, people post FD scale tanks and stuff, why not SB scale? They would look good with all the aircraft on planebucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 9:53 pm
So, when will we be seeing these many many drawings?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:01 pm
Well I'm organizing them right now but hopefully I'll start today. I think I'll start with Australian designs then the USSR then maybe British tanks after that.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Here are the Australian AC1/3/4 Sentinel cruiser tanks to start off with. Now, should I include the name and type in the drawing or not?

[ img ]

Also, please let me know if you think I've forgotten a design!! And constructive criticism is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:17 pm
You should definitely put the name on the drawing. How else are people supposed to find out what's what?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Ok, this might take a while...

[Profile] [Quote]
GroundSluger
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:59 pm
Australian cruiser tanks again but with names + Soviet light tanks

Australian Cruisers: AC Sentinel
[ img ]
Soviet Light Tanks:
[ img ]
Soviet Fast Tanks: BT series
[ img ]

More to come tomorrow....
Comments, critiques are welcome as usual.

Last edited by GroundSluger on June 20th, 2011, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: World War II Armored Fighting VehiclesPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:16 pm
Well done.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: