Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 855 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 6th, 2011, 9:47 pm
Excellent work Hood. It is indeed a splendid drawing.
BTW RN aircraft stationed at Lossiemouth were marked with LM on the tail, like those on carriers which used a single letter code (H for HMS Hermes for instance), Naval Air Stations used two letters code (LM for Lossiemouth, CU for Culdrose and so on)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 12:22 am
Just come across this thread, brilliant work! The 1121 is one of my favourite AU aircraft so I'm delighted to see it here, will we be seeing a Vickers 583? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 11:06 am
I might do the Naval P.1154 but its so different from the single-seater it'll have to be started from scratch.

Novice, I agree with you but the photo I based the scheme on (a Scmitar) lacks the tail markings. All of these colour schemes are based on real aircraft in 'Military Aircraft of the 1960s' by Gerry Manning. A great resource for 1960s markings and its in total colour and covers nearly every major military type in the West.

BTW, please take a look at the Rotodynes again guys. I've made some major changes to the profiles based on mew material I've gotten hold of in David Gibbings excellent book on the Rotodyne. Stay tuned for more civil examples. Right now I'm about to start pixelbashing Jabba's Vulcan...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 2:28 pm
Using Jabba's excellent B.2 as a base, here is the proposed Vulcan Phase 6 in operational form as the B.3. Uprated engines and increase wing span and area and a dorsal spine for additional fuel and a bigger fin. Armament is the GAM-87 Skybolt.
[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 3:06 pm
wwwwwwwwwowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Hood wrote:
Using Jabba's excellent B.2 as a base, here is the proposed Vulcan Phase 6 in operational form as the B.3. Uprated engines and increase wing span and area and a dorsal spine for additional fuel and a bigger fin. Armament is the GAM-87 Skybolt.
[ img ]
:D :D :D :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Bloody hell ... :shock: Amazing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 7:34 pm
Rhade wrote:
Bloody hell ... :shock: Amazing.
I think that about sums it up.Superb drawing.I read in Project cancelled that various numbers of Skybolts could be carried,2,4 or 6 depending on the length of patrol on airborne alert.

[Profile] [Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 7th, 2011, 8:48 pm
IIRC wasn't the Phase 6 Vulcan designed to carry up to 6 crew, 4 prime and 2 reserve to allow for long duration missions?

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 8th, 2011, 4:26 pm
The Vulcan B2 crew was five.Pilot,co-pilot,nav radar,nav plotter and air electronics officer.The last three seated facing backwards half a deck down,with no ejector seats.There really was no room in the cockpit for another two crew.At a push you may just fit one but it would be a very uncomfortable trip.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 855 »

Jump to: