Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 20 of 49  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2249 »
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 2:32 pm
Wow! looking good! I second the motion for Draken!
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/fighter/j35/j35-1.gif

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Here is some finnish warplanes. Firs the most succesfull Finnish build warplane, the VL PYRY, a trainer that served from late 30's to almost early 60's training most of the pilots of our airforce during the hard times.

[ img ]

And our modest figthers: (that were build)
Both Myrsky and Pyörremyrsky faced the same proplem, lack of strategical parts and components to make frontline aircraft comes cruical stepping stone during wartime for a little country that Finland was. Thougth relatively impressive planes on paper (Myrsky was our seccond fastest aircraft during WWII and Pyörremyrsky suprassed Bf-109G6's pefrormance) both the about 50 strong Myrsky series and the few Pyörremyrksy prototypes suffered from fatigue proplems and expecially the glues used for their wooden parts proven out to be inferior to foreing types.

[ img ]
[ img ]

(Both are presented in post-war guise becouse Im not that big Facist-collobration/White guard fan, and perfect swastikas are quite hard to get rigth in pixels anyways ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
(Both are presented in post-war guise becouse Im not that big Facist-collobration/White guard fan, and perfect swastikas are quite hard to get rigth in pixels anyways ;) )
C'mon Golle' swastika is traditional folk symbol in Finland, damn even our famous Podhale Rifles Regiments used swastika as symbols. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 7:36 pm
Swastikas indeed are traditional in paganic and non-christian europe, but In finnish military, it relates to the White Guards and their connections to the swedish Count von Rosén who was not only sympathetich at those days to the "slaughter guards" but also later towards swedish own Nazi parties. The finnish swastika presents our failed 1st republic, where as the cockade was taken use after the wwII and presents more democratic finland that I feel myself part of ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Hmmm I don't know that.
And that was pretty interesting history lesson, thank you. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 8:32 pm
not really vehicles, but I did some soldiers in FD Scale.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: September 30th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Nice. You don't happen to have a "blank" versions of the different poses?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: October 1st, 2011, 8:56 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Swastikas indeed are traditional in paganic and non-christian europe, but In finnish military, it relates to the White Guards and their connections to the swedish Count von Rosén who was not only sympathetich at those days to the "slaughter guards" but also later towards swedish own Nazi parties. The finnish swastika presents our failed 1st republic, where as the cockade was taken use after the wwII and presents more democratic finland that I feel myself part of ;)
As curiosity and kind of mystery,swastika is still in use in our airforce squadron flags and badges of honour, and for heraldic reasons it's black... Despite of count von Rosens sympathy for right wing politics, with his assistance we have the second oldest air force (after RAF).
About the expression of "slaughter guards" I only say that a civil war is always a slaughter despite of the party. But Golly, good work with those planes. VL Humu might be a good addition in this series?

And Psilander: great work with that Wiggen. May I also add my request for Draken; maybe with Finnish insignia too...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: October 1st, 2011, 11:19 am
I agree, swastikas are intresting symbols with all the myths regarding them, not mention the political outbursts they always tend to generate ;)
...drawing them in pixels has however always been rather difficould.

of VL Humu, I think I should go along with Bwesters in generals (If I ever get to drawn them)... But Shortly I will introduce VL Vihuri (the Daimler Benz engined Mosquito never-where) and VL Puuska (a shorter and ligther variant of Pyörremyrsky).... as well as some AU planes in these aspects.
Naturally it would be neat to drawn all finnish AF planes, but god damn there are so many of them in WWII alone :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 3Posted: October 1st, 2011, 10:49 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 20 of 49  [ 481 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2249 »

Jump to: