Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Philbob
Post subject: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hope :)Posted: September 21st, 2010, 8:08 am
I was digging around online and found theses high rez shots of the RNs new ASW or multi role frigate

Looking at it close it has some interesting features. Mainly to me the Scan Eagle launcher on the flight deck

Anywho enjoy

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Hopefully maybe Australia and Canada will get in on this program and it can be built in some reasonable numbers

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 9:36 am
Great High resolution views :D
Many thanks for sharing :)

Infortunatly, a newer "fitted for but not with" warship... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 2:41 pm
Yayaya dutch radar technolegy.

And look at the hangar, it seems that my design of an heli door, and uav door in the hangar isnt that bad at all?
Would like to know if they are seperate inside also.

Mitch 8-)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 2:51 pm
is there any intel who has made this renders? the textures on the ship aren't made perfectly, but I really want to know how that water was done.... was it by the shipyard or by another company?

btw.... what the hell are those CIWS, they look like phalanxes..... but they look a lot lighter then phalanxes.... is it an new CIWS version?

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 7:49 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Great High resolution views :D
Many thanks for sharing :)

Infortunatly, a newer "fitted for but not with" warship... :(

Well I can live with a ship not being fully outfitted if it is acutally built. In my opinion though they are going about this the wrong way. The RN should build 6 more captial ships based off the Type 45 configured for ASW and General Purpose duties. A large ship with good growth margins. Another Idea maybe would of been to accelerated construction of the UXV combatant based of the Type 45. the Guy over at new wars seems to think the age of the general purpose frigate is over and i tend to agree. Future surface fleets I think are trending towards highly capable AAW Frigates, motherships for strike and ASW duties, and large OPVs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 7:51 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
is there any intel who has made this renders? the textures on the ship aren't made perfectly, but I really want to know how that water was done.... was it by the shipyard or by another company?

btw.... what the hell are those CIWS, they look like phalanxes..... but they look a lot lighter then phalanxes.... is it an new CIWS version?
They were made by BAE.

There is a mix of CIWS and RSM30 (?) mm gun systems.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 8:00 pm
hopefully the RN gets to buy 12, and the RAN buys 12, and maybe the MARCOM (RCN) buys 12. For 36 :P

maybe even 2 for the RNZN.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 8:16 pm
Philbob wrote:
hopefully the RN gets to buy 12, and the RAN buys 12, and maybe the MARCOM (RCN) buys 12. For 36 :P

maybe even 2 for the RNZN.
Seems like some serious wishfull thinking, as regards to those numbers

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 21st, 2010, 10:11 pm
yes, but the RAN has said they wanted to purchase at least 12 6kt frigates , and the RN intends to build 12, and there are whispers now of what Cananda will do to replace its current 15 large surface ships.

The type 26 design couldn't of come at a better time.

I also would expect that each nation would put there own touch to it,

The RN's would have Artisan, CAMM, and a Mk 8 114mm gun (to be upgraded to a 155)
The RAN's would have AUSPAR, SM-3, SM-6, and ESSM and a BAE 127mm
The MARCOM (ugh) would have either a Artisan or Thales sensors, ESSM, and 57mm taken from the Halifax class, or upgrades to the oto 76 DART, or finally a OTO or BAE 127mm

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 5:02 am
Curious placement of the aft Phalanx...

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: