Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 12  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 512 »
eswube
Post subject: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GuardPosted: October 20th, 2011, 8:57 am
Some small coastal combattants of the post-1945 Polish Navy and Coast Guard. I hope that over time I'll add more of them here. (No guarantees, though ;) )

ST-81 and ST-82 torpedo boats of the D-3 type. These two (slightly different) ships were obtained in 1946 from the Soviet Union and for the next 10 years they were the only PTs in the Polish Navy. They were decommissioned in 1958.

[ img ]

Błyskawiczny armored submarine chaser of the Pr. 194 BMO (Bronirovannyi Morskoi Okhotnik) type. One ship of the type was obtained in 1946 from the Soviet Union (alongside 22 other small combat vessels, including ST-81 and ST-82 mentioned before). It was decommissioned in 1960.

[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on January 11th, 2015, 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 20th, 2011, 9:22 am
Excellent small boats, it takes some skill to get this level of detail in something so small.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 20th, 2011, 9:24 am
These are good :) . Minor nitpicks: try using the new templates with the Shipbucket logo; and I'd lighten the railing a bit to give more contrast; that apart I can't see anything else at present.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 20th, 2011, 1:21 pm
Nice, thougth this is propably the 3rd D-3 drawing we have on the bucket, but who cares 8-)
Also, indeed try to use the new templates...

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 20th, 2011, 4:27 pm
These are very nice, my compliments!
I hope you can draw all those small launches that served in MW RP :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 21st, 2011, 4:33 pm
Thank You all for Your encouraging comments and compliments. :)

Hood - I'd say that it actually takes more skill to draw a major ship (but maybe that's just my subjective view). I started with minor vessels in order to get some experience in the first place.

Portsmouth Bill - Templates and railings fixed. I hope You'll find the lighter colour better.

Gollevainen - I found only one other D-3 (in the archive) and it was very old and definitely not impressive. Though perhaps I wasn't searching hard enough.

WhyMe - Having all these small craft made to Shipbucket standard would be cool, though I have very, very strong doubts if I could do it. ;)
Btw. - would You allow me to use (sometime later) the ZU-23-2M Wróbel AAA (from Your Pr.207 Gopło minesweeper), Please?

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 21st, 2011, 4:54 pm
eswube wrote:
Btw. - would You allow me to use (sometime later) the ZU-23-2M Wróbel AAA (from Your Pr.207 Gopło minesweeper), Please?
Absolutely. Check the parts subforum.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: October 21st, 2011, 4:56 pm
Below is my new upload: OD type submarine chaser (this particular is ORP Śmiały). 12 such boats were obtained by Polish Navy from the Soviet Union in the 1946 and they served until 1960.

I must admit, that I'm not fully content with this drawing. Besides windows on the superstructure (but I don't think anything could be done with that), my main problem is with a gun - it's a standard 37mm gun, but the standard one (from the template) is obviously way too big, and I'm tempted to make my own. :(
Also, a note about mast - actually it's a thin mast (forward) and parallel antenna (?), several (perhaps 10) centimeters behind it, connected to mast in several places.

[ img ]

P.S. WhyMe - Thank You very much. :)

EDIT: There is some confusion in Polish sources about proper project number (Pr.200) and it's type name - which for the Pr.200 is OD (OD-200) but our sources use name MO-D-3 instead (which fits rather ASW conversions of D-3 torpedo motor boat)

Last edited by eswube on January 11th, 2015, 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: November 4th, 2011, 8:41 pm
Below You can see a Soviet-produced Pr.183 (NATO: P-6) type torpedo boat. There were 19 boats of the type serving in the Polish Navy between 1956 and 1975.

[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on January 11th, 2015, 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Small coastal combattants of the Polish Navy and Coast GPosted: November 5th, 2011, 8:24 am
Quote:
Gollevainen - I found only one other D-3 (in the archive) and it was very old and definitely not impressive. Though perhaps I wasn't searching hard enough.
Anotherone is in the Finnish folder ;)

But anyways, More nice Looking boats. the Pr.183 is also another victim of my own absent-mindness. Ive drewn it once for my AU project, but never actually remembered to post it as Soviet version to the uploading, so it isen't in the archive.

But there is nothing wrong in your version neither.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 12  [ 116 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 512 »

Jump to: