Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 11 of 15  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1315 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 7:08 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Um..... :? I'm not sure how this one will fly; or even be able to land, with no forward view :cry:
Heh yea!

Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 7:27 am
May I suggest we separate the AU and the never build designs?
I find it quite annoying when I can't tell if it's one or the other without having to look it up.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 2:35 pm
How about People state whether they are "Movie", "AU" or "Never Built" in their posts. Saves space on the forum and saves time to keep people from looking up the design to find out if they were real or not.

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 3:02 pm
nighthunter wrote:
How about People state whether they are "Movie", "AU" or "Never Built" in their posts. Saves space on the forum and saves time to keep people from looking up the design to find out if they were real or not.
let admin/mod make that.

Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Quote:
Worth trying, but yes, I agree, that its getting impossible to differentiate between 'never built' i.e. something actually proposed, and what springs from the fertile imagination of our esteemed members; on balance I would think most stuff here is of the latter.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Yea, its basicly up to the artist themselves to know the crude basic of ALWAYS SEPERATE OWN DESINGS FROM HISTORICAL NEVERWHERES! Shush! shoul'd not be that hard, but its sometimes disturbing how much you can fail in internet :D
In forums like SB where these constitute quite lot of our material, one needs to always be extra carefull not to produce BS unintentionally. Once something is out there, it stays there and quite often do we spot someone claiming someone's imaginative creations as plans of of real life engineers.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Well, yes, agreed; but as I do scan every new post, the balance now between what actually existed in real life, and what we can imagine, is becoming biased away from real life; and this is in every area on the Forum. The Forum is now essentially a meeting place for folk to fly their own ideas, myself included, so I'm not bitching.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: October 26th, 2011, 6:53 pm
If I fooled people into thinking that the Boeing-Curtiss P-41 Thunderhawk was real, I apologize for that, because I like a lot of realism in my designs and come up with "history" for them.

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: November 2nd, 2011, 12:57 pm
[ img ]

ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: FD scale - Alternative History or Never BuildPosted: November 2nd, 2011, 4:26 pm
[ img ]

Last edited by ALVAMA on November 2nd, 2011, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 11 of 15  [ 145 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1315 »

Jump to: