Gollevainen
Post subject: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 2:52 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Exceedingly good comrade

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 3:28 pm
awesome! they clearly show why these ships are one of my favorites....

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 3:58 pm
I never get tired of this brute.

A few thoughts:

* I never remember, was the forward SA-N-9 ever fitted on Velikyi? There is of course no missile shown there.
* The secondary-color shading (eg on the front of the bridge superstructure) seems excessively and distractingly dark on Velikyi.
* Could you explain all the strange hull protuberances? I recognize a higher-frequency sonar forward and active stabilization amidships, but there are several other lumps that are completely foreign to me.
* The shading at the top of the MF sonar makes it look much wider than it is. At that point on the hull there should be a fairly wide and flat bilge, much wider than the sonar dome. I think I'd keep the black line of the hull right across the top of the sonar dome.

Otherwise fine work as usual.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 4:06 pm
Quote:
* I never remember, was the forward SA-N-9 ever fitted on Velikyi? There is of course no missile shown there.
Nope, actually I realised that after I posted these, but somehow despite I updated the drawing, it shows the orginal one...
Quote:
The secondary-color shading (eg on the front of the bridge superstructure) seems excessively and distractingly dark on Velikyi.
I know, but when working on with MS Paint, sometimes the coloring fails simply becouse its hard to get correct contrasts in place. This scheme should present the current Russian dark scheme, but its not the same color...but more like, the best I've found to correspond it. I wouldn't mind if someone with better programs would get into that color scheme issue...
Quote:
Could you explain all the strange hull protuberances? I recognize a higher-frequency sonar forward and active stabilization amidships, but there are several other lumps that are completely foreign to me.
Prototuberances`? Bit alien word to me I afraid. But I think there is anti-swimmer sonar on the stern and the Bulbs in the midship are some sort of stabilizasers akin to fins. The proplem with Russian text over the ship is that most common martime terms tend to be unique in Russian language and the translators I use don't make much out of them to be understandable. All reference pictures of them still showed them, So I couldn't leave them out.

The sonar Is drawn in the way the Reference showed. I haven't seen any actuall photograph of Kirov's sonar, so I had little room to "improvise" there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 4:15 pm
Ok, now Petr Velikiy should be fixed with proper setup of missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Quote:
Prototuberances`? Bit alien word to me I afraid. But I think there is anti-swimmer sonar on the stern and the Bulbs in the midship are some sort of stabilizasers akin to fins. The proplem with Russian text over the ship is that most common martime terms tend to be unique in Russian language and the translators I use don't make much out of them to be understandable. All reference pictures of them still showed them, So I couldn't leave them out.

The sonar Is drawn in the way the Reference showed. I haven't seen any actuall photograph of Kirov's sonar, so I had little room to "improvise" there.
Protuberance: thing protruding (that is, poking out).

I'm not suggesting you change the shape of the small sonar forward, only that it be distinctly hanging down from the hull (instead of looking like a part of it). Just a continuation of the black bilge line.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 6:57 pm
ok, I need to try it that way and see what it looks

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 7:27 pm
Whoa, hadn't noticed this behind all the bullshit going on here...

Very nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 26th, 2010, 7:37 pm
Very very very beautiful drawings of very beautiful ships.

Are you also planning to do the current version of the Pyotr Velikiy?
[ img ]
^- colour and small refits
And the refit of the remaining unactive ships?
(as i read somewhere more modern radar's, and new ciws+ missile layout)

Mitch ;)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: