Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 20th, 2012, 4:34 pm
It's not going to work since it'll be incapable of beaching and in all likelihood incapable of carrying that much weight in the first place.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 20th, 2012, 5:03 pm
foxnews4u wrote:
how would the gun be useless?
Blastback would endanger cargo, cargo would not permit enough physical room for the gun to traverse, etc.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 20th, 2012, 5:03 pm
I think you should better look for something like this:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... /PARLC.png
xD

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 20th, 2012, 6:13 pm
nice link. cargo doesn't take all the room ,and i end this statement with....... anything is possible. ty for polite criticism. taken into account. ty

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 12:48 pm
Attachment:
WWII scene.png
what do you guys think of this? if it breaks any rules just tell me. it will be gone ASAP.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 12:54 pm
foxnews4u wrote:
anything is possible.
No it's not. And turning a stiff sided SES into a landing ship is one of those things.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 2:56 am
You know what? I've actually been going over the weight distribution... This should work fine. Weight distibution is the logical problem. I still like the concept. Nay. I love it. We are past the boat now. What about the others?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 3:43 am
As a Norwegian man, that lives in the country that have designed and build boats as skjold class fast passenger boat with the same hull type and so on. And I have seen the real blueprints of this boat (Advantage of have a stepfather high up in the Navy!) hull as skjold us are cold surface effect ship "SES" they do not act the same way as air-cushion boats.

I could make a long story on why your boat will not work. but I will not do that now (It's to late for that), you do not listen to us experts like me, Thiel, .... so I don't ..

What you must know that an SES hull does not work the same way as a conventional catamaran hulls or a single hollow hull. Thus, one can theoretically place the equipment a little different.

Point 2 The skjold class is almost all places in the two hulls for machinery and fuel, and some habitat. the middle section of the boat is 20% Missile / RHIB bay. 40/50% of the space goes to the machine that pumps air in between those two hull.
the rest goes to the living area to a crew of 14/16 men, plus additional space for 5 to 10-man special force. tactical room is partly in superstructure and partly under the deck!

When the boat is at rest it has up to 3 meters of draft, but under speed is approx. 1 meter draft. An SES hulls have parts of their hulls still under water and thus retain his control property for precision driving. while a hovercraft is more hovering over the water.

You can land a helicopter on the foredeck the built-in gyro system helps keep the boat stable, but that's just under speed. but an SES hull is not designed to carry 150 tons of cargo on the deck.

Original SES was designed to improve the sea and speed characteristics of fast passenger boats in Norway.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles?Posted: February 24th, 2012, 5:48 am
foxnews4u wrote:
anything is possible.
Not when engineering limits apply.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:35 am
foxnews4u wrote:
You know what? I've actually been going over the weight distribution... This should work fine. Weight distibution is the logical problem. I still like the concept. Nay. I love it. We are past the boat now. What about the others?
It has nothing to do with weight distribution. The ship is incapable of beaching. It's not a hovercraft it's a Surface Effect Ship. Mechanically related but functionally entirely different.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: