Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 27 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2941 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 27th, 2012, 6:25 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
I've updated the Stalwart with Kim's excellent COA, plus changing the colour to reflect the slightly green hue. So, yes Kim, I would say this size COA would be the one to go for. I'm going to be busy on other things for a whiule, but if you can do the Supply and Royalist in similar size I'd be most appreciative
When you wrote that in the HMAS Stalwart thread I figured out, that you haven't the time to draw the badge for HMNZS Royalist yourself ;)
So here it is (the british one will come later on over in the british thread!). The overall size is the same as the australian size you've picked but of course the essential shield is bigger. Hard to make it smaller cause the leaves in the frame bottom ;)
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 27th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Fantastic Kim :D This is going straight onto the updated drawing. I've been too busy trying to save my job for anything else.

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 27th, 2012, 10:11 pm
I'm back again to this thread, this time with news and crests. I'm yet too even work up the patience for a second attempt on the text but I might.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
HMAS Tarakan (I&II), HMAS Brunei, HMAS Tobruk

Also after viewing the AUS navy site, I realized there is a secondary matrix for Australian Warships prior to 1920, which is a round coil of rope, similar to the one ringing the US navy crest but slightly thicker and nothing else

Brunei cresent I'm not sure if its my monitor or if it is actually a bit angled

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 12:38 am
Nice to see you continue :D I can see the text is bothering you, but for the Brunei it's just fine. I know it's tough but we ought to have text on the two others plus the Cerberus ;)
The angles you're talking about are they these on the inner side of the moons crescent? Else I can't see any ;)

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 12:43 am
KimWerner wrote:
Nice to see you continue :D I can see the text is bothering you, but for the Brunei it's just fine. I know it's tough but we ought to have text on the two others plus the Cerberus ;)
The angles you're talking about are they these on the inner side of the moons crescent? Else I can't see any ;)
Thanks, Hopefully I can have some more done in the future. :D

Yes the inside curve looks to me to be a bit off, I'm not sure if that's acceptable(I'm not very happy with it ) and I'll have a bash at re-doing it at lunch(or in the next 3 hours)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 1:28 am
When I make crescents I do it like that: Two circels in different colours whereas one of these is slightly larger. Match them and you've got your crescent moon :D
[ img ]

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:03 am
Thanks Kim, I suppose the Brunei is done then
[ img ]

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 5:26 am
You might want to shrink the entire thing a bit because right now it won't fit on the template

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 6:01 am
Thiel wrote:
You might want to shrink the entire thing a bit because right now it won't fit on the template
I will, but for now just having them done and then using them as a basis for the smaller ones is enough while RL strains my time

[Profile]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Coat of Arms for navy vesselsPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:32 pm
The badge for HMAS Brunei is now attached. :D
The issue according the size I just recently realized when I was doing the badge for HMAS Stalwart. The first matrix for RAN is larger than all other countries matrix's. I will withdraw that as soon as possible when I've insert a smaller one ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 27 of 41  [ 401 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2941 »

Jump to: