Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 27th, 2012, 4:36 pm
Two more badges and - funny it's coincidal - again for a carrier and an Arleigh Burke destroyer :D
[ img ][ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on March 20th, 2017, 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 1:38 pm
They have a number of USN ships badges here, about 3/4th of the way down the index page past all the naval aviation links.

One they do not have though is for the USNS Bob Hope T-AKR 300. Anybody got a decent image of it? I can't seem to find one anywhere, if it even has one.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:18 pm
I'm sure there is a badge (or seal as they call it in USN) for USNS Bob Hope T-AKR 300, but I couldn't neither find it in the net :( In fact I found it difficult to find badges for USNS vessels. I think it may have something to do with interest (or lack of it!) because it's easy to find badges for USS and USCGS vessels :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:44 pm
KimWerner wrote:
I'm sure there is a badge (or seal as they call it in USN) for USNS Bob Hope T-AKR 300, but I couldn't neither find it in the net :( In fact I found it difficult to find badges for USNS vessels. I think it may have something to do with interest (or lack of it!) because it's easy to find badges for USS and USCGS vessels :geek:
Probably so. That link I have in my previous post has badges galore for combat ships, and naval auxilleries, but not that many for the USNS type ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 5:25 pm
The Midway CoA is a bit wrong (in several places). The lettering should be block - ie no serifs, there should be just one plane - and it should be black, the "41" should be wider, and with a uniform black border, and there should be no black on the edge of the red on the south-east quadrant.

[ img ]

That should help.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 5:33 pm
TimothyC wrote:
The Midway CoA is a bit wrong (in several places). The lettering should be block - ie no serifs, there should be just one plane - and it should be black, the "41" should be wider, and with a uniform black border, and there should be no black on the edge of the red on the south-east quadrant.
That should help.
No. The picture you show here is a big painting where some artistic freedom is used by the artist. I didn't expect any questions so I have deleted the original photo. But when I find the time I shall find it again ;)

[Edit] Here it is:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 7:15 pm
Oh hell, What about this one:

First image on this page

"Courtesy of CAPT Gene Oleson, CHC, USN (Ret)
(bluejacket.com)"

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: February 28th, 2012, 8:37 pm
;) Yeah, there are some different versions - though in nearly same design - around. No one is particurlarly pretty (in my opinion) so I chosed the least ugly :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: March 6th, 2012, 3:35 pm
I've coorperated with Clonecommander6454 with this first seal for an Oliver H. Perry frigate and finally it's done :D
[ img ]

Last edited by KimWerner on March 21st, 2017, 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of USAPosted: March 7th, 2012, 12:12 am
KimWerner wrote:
I've coorperated with Clonecommander6454 with this first seal for an Oliver H. Perry frigate and finally it's done :D
[ img ]
The color of the CoA somehow feel weird to me... Did you work it out from this image:
http://i.imgur.com/JdwLt.jpg
Anyways, this is way better that the half done product that I have drew ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: