Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 13 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1554 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 4:38 am
My Jaguars for AU Use (DCAF not for anyone else's use):

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 5:40 am
what radar is that sorry if i missed it somewhere

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 7:18 am
Trojan wrote:
Would the MBDA Laby happen to be inspired by the Python 4/5 and like the design
Blue Vixen / Blue Fox I presume. Is that the LRTMS from the Tornado under the nose I see? Also FYI Nammer was an actual IAI project based on the Kfir.
Trojan wrote:
Would the MBDA Laby happen to be inspired by the Python 4/5 and like the design
Combination of Python 4/5 Mica and R-73/74

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 9:40 am
Aye, Blue Fox/Vixen, the LRTMS that you think you see is actually the nose from DP's GR.1. Namer is actually Hebrew for "Tiger" since they don't have Hebrew words for Jaguar or Leopard, they use the English, per Radome. It also predates the Namer/Kfir Project, therefor legitimate, lol.

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 10:34 am
Fair enough for the naming convention. As for the LRTMS, would you consider giving them FLIR as on the Tornado as well or possibly in the position that the Harrier had it?

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Very interesting idea. I like it. What about carrier-borne version of it (along the lines of Jaguar M plus radar and not necessarily for the French Navy?)

[Profile]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 24th, 2012, 7:40 pm
very nice Jags, allways have been one of my fav planes,perhaps that you can made an Belgian Navy one ?? I tried myself but i don't have the golden hands of some keep up the marvelous work

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: McMillan Aeronautics Banshee FD Sized...Posted: April 24th, 2012, 11:57 pm
I've been drawing this non-stop since around 20:30GMT. Will get some updates too soonish along the lines of CFTs and different EW bits etc. Looks somewhat different scaled up to FD scale than in SB scale too...

[ img ]

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:09 am
Where is FLIR on the Tornado, I never did like the AV-8B/Harrier II placement on the nose.

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 25th, 2012, 9:27 am
On the RAF aircraft at least it is parallel to the LRMTS (for some reason I keep thinking it's LRTMS...) as such one of the cannons was removed to make room for it. Another option you could consider would be Thales NAVFLIR integrated into one of the hardpoints somewhat like you would have if using tiger eyes with a Litening or Sniper pod but not as bulky. You might want to also consider integrating EW dispensers and jammers into the hardpoints and wingtips as well to free up the outboard stations for more stores.

~Mark

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 13 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1554 »

Jump to: