Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 8  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 8:58 am
I thought it would be simple--was anything but, however! I tried about every possible variable to come up with the above. Regards the rain pattern, I wasn't certain if it would realistically show up at this scale, so left the other pair without it. Feel free to use to use any of this in anywhere you like, and keep up the excellent work!

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 9:01 am
But your helmet looks much better then my attemps. As soon as I have time, I will post my attemps.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 9:12 am
[ img ]

This was an earlier attempt that I almost went with instead.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 5:20 pm
These were my attemps:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Not bad at all! I came up with that variant myself, when doing up the scheme, but to my mind, it was closer to the classic M1935/40 Stahlhelm than the later NVA variant, which from the front is more conical looking. We were very close with our rain pattern--as you can see, I simply grabbed a swatch from an online photo and tried to match the colors best I could. Anyway, I hope that my efforts prove useful to you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 29th, 2012, 11:43 pm
I did some more NVA Soldiers:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:11 am
Looking good! Can't wait to see them with more vehicles!

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: July 28th, 2012, 2:33 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: July 29th, 2012, 2:39 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Nationale Volksarmee - East German Armed Forces in FD ScPosted: July 29th, 2012, 11:07 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 8  [ 80 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: