Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 12:38 pm
German seaplane Tender Hans Rolshoven from 1937. Sunk 1942, raised 1943, sunk again in 1945.

This is my first attempt at a ship, so bash away ;)
[ img ]

I'm working with limited information on the ship, so if anyone has more information, it would be welcome. Also, any comments on the He-114 and Do-18 are welcome as well. I made them from scratch, didn't think there was a SB version already done.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 12:44 pm
not bad at all! I do not know the ship, so I will say nothing else, but it doesn't look too bad!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 3:05 pm
I don't know this ship either, but it looks ok to me. :)

http://sievers-verlag.de/shop/de/csc_article_details.php?nPos=20&saArticle[ID]=132&VID=&saSearch[word]=&saSearch[category]=&saSearch[special]=

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 10:23 pm
Very nice drawing DG.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 11:31 pm
good start!
few green pixel in front of lifeboat to be fixed.

I am curios about your reference for the underwater hull because the Groener shows only a waterline profile.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 11:48 pm
Very nice!
What's up with the seaplanes though? According to Navipedia she carried only 3 and the Arado wasn't among them.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 4:17 pm
Thanks for all your replies.

@ Lazer_one:
The underwater hull (and much of the rest of the ship) is derived from the picture here (From the same link eswube posted).
The green pixels shouldn't be there and I have no idea why they still are. I'll fix this next week.

@ WhyMe:
The ship being able to carry an Ar-196 is from the german wikipedia page for the ship (Of course, wikipedia can be wrong, so...). Many information I had web were actually conflicting or incomplete, so I added the plane, since I thought it was a possibility.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 8:26 pm
thanks for the link to Sieber Verlag... I found a couple of interesting icebreaker...

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: June 28th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Small update: Recoloured green pixels, added flag, removed Ar-196
[ img ]

I'm gonna leave it in this state for now, until I found new information or anyone else has something to add, style- or information-wise.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Seaplane Tender Hans RolshovenPosted: October 27th, 2012, 11:23 pm
A little bit of history: When I first started this drawing, I wanted to draw another seaplane tender, the Karl Meyer. I accidently used an image of the Rolshoven and when I noticed my mistake, I just renamed it. However, what I failed to notice back then was that the two ships were different in size. Now, since then my SB skills have improved (at least I think so), I always wanted to come back and update my drawing, especially since I found a good model that cleared up several misinterpretations. So today, when I finally decided to come back, I noticed the lenght issue and decided it would be best to redo the whole ship. Here it is:
[ img ]

BTW, does anyone have a good line drawing/sources on the Karl Meyer or other ships of her class? Especially the underwater hull.

Last edited by DG_Alpha on December 31st, 2012, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: