Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
KHT
Post subject: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm
Since nobody seemed to have any claim to it, I started drawing the N3 class. This is how far I've gotten for now. It is very WIP, but since this is a RL NW design, I want to make sure that I make no major accuracy screw-ups early on. Hoot if something seems off.
[ img ]
Once I'm done with the main drawing I may attempt at some "Had fate been kinder"-drawings, featuring how she might have looked at different occassions in her career. Working name will be St. Andrew.

Last edited by KHT on January 28th, 2013, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 3rd, 2012, 8:45 pm
These can be to some help:

http://www.shipbucket.com/Never%20Built ... gn%201.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... gn%202.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 4th, 2012, 8:25 pm
Good start KHT.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 4th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Nice work thus far!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 5th, 2012, 9:32 am
The only reservation I have at the moment is that you've used the 6in Mk XXII triple turrets (for some reason these were also used on the G3 profile Darth did). The XXI twin would most likely be the one used, the same as the 6in twin armed cruisers of the period. Other than that I would say this has been long overdue. Good work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 5th, 2012, 10:13 am
Hood wrote:
The only reservation I have at the moment is that you've used the 6in Mk XXII triple turrets (for some reason these were also used on the G3 profile Darth did). The XXI twin would most likely be the one used, the same as the 6in twin armed cruisers of the period. Other than that I would say this has been long overdue. Good work.
I guess Darth reasoned like I did: The Mk. XXII was mounted on the Nelsons(according to Navweaps), so it made sence that the G3/N3 would mount them too. I've made the turret, and especially the barbette a bit smaller, so that it fits more for a twin turret.
And thanks. Becouse of the similarities between the G3 and N3 I'm using and modding some of Darth Panda's bits, like the conning tower, so I might be able to make an update tonight.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 5th, 2012, 11:19 am
KHT wrote:
I guess Darth reasoned like I did: The Mk. XXII was mounted on the Nelsons(according to Navweaps), so it made sence that the G3/N3 would mount them too. I've made the turret, and especially the barbette a bit smaller, so that it fits more for a twin turret.
And thanks. Becouse of the similarities between the G3 and N3 I'm using and modding some of Darth Panda's bits, like the conning tower, so I might be able to make an update tonight.
Actually, I believe that the Nelson's turrets may have been intended for the G3s, so they might be a good starting point, unless those were only the primary turrets. It has been a while since I last read up on that.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 5th, 2012, 10:23 pm
Updated WIP, two-thirds way through conning tower.
Don't pay any mind to the 6" Mk. XXII, I'm using them as placeholders until I get around to further update that part of the drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 5th, 2012, 10:25 pm
looking good!

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - N3 Class BattleshipPosted: October 6th, 2012, 1:27 pm
Thanks for the comments btw! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: