Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: October 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
I'll compare the two versions. I might be able to just combine the best features of the two. And thanks Rowdy, a very nice compliment!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: October 28th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Well, I applied a more appropriate Navy Blue hue to the Regulus, having, once more, consulted my sources. However, I didn't find DP:s version applicable, so I've decided to keep my own. And the odd missing chunk of pixels at the bow is now restored too.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: October 30th, 2012, 1:15 am
Here's my second rendition of these beautiful ships: the USS St Paul (CA-73) as she appeared during her last decade of service. She was in service for 26 years uninterupted, till her decommissioning in Feb. 1971.
Here she is serving as the permanent flagship of the US First Fleet, during which time she made numerous sorties to bombard North Vietnamese positions and Viet-Cong strongholds.
She has lost her forward 5" turret; its base, shell- handling rooms and magazine all being converted to additional office spaces for an ever increasing fleet flagstaff. She also now carries only 12 3" guns; the forward most and the two forward beam gun tubs having been entirely removed.
Her radar outfit is different from her sister the Helena: She carries one SPS-29 radar on her foremast and the SPS-8A on her pole mainmast. Also she still retains her aft Mk34 secondary gun director, instead of Helena's SPS-12 radar.
[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on November 2nd, 2012, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: October 30th, 2012, 8:05 am
Splendid work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: October 30th, 2012, 6:30 pm
Keep up the Good Work :D

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 3:32 am
Fully reworked and updated vessels on the first page, featuring a redrawn underwater hull with armor belt and true shading. Will add both the Toledo, Bremerton and Macon eventually. Just be patient!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 6:26 am
Always like the lines of these cruisers. Are you intend to draw Blooklyn cruiser as well? In that excellent quality

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 12:27 pm
Beautiful work, Bezo...as always!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 12:50 pm
Happy to see the 1950s "converted" cruisers. Excellent renditions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Happy Days! - Eisenhower's NavyPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 3:43 pm
Cool stuff - I had totally missed this thread. I've always been a fan of the immediate post-war all-gun Baltimore revisions. Very cool.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: