Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 2 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 550 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 20th, 2013, 1:40 pm
I do not, GLACIESFIRE. I only have plans to do the Kenworth trucks, mainly because they are my favorite Heavy Duty Trucks. :D

Heuhen, I don't think I have ever seen a Scania oil field truck or even a Scania that can do light duty stuff off road :lol: , and the Kenworth T800 actually has a very tight turning radius, with the front wheels able to turn to 51 degrees IIRC. ;)

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 20th, 2013, 10:04 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
Heuhen, I don't think I have ever seen a Scania oil field truck or even a Scania that can do light duty stuff off road :lol: , and the Kenworth T800 actually has a very tight turning radius, with the front wheels able to turn to 51 degrees IIRC. ;)

Scania Normally build mostly roads truck, long liner and things like that, But when there come to off-road vehicles, scanias do deliver they powerful V( engine to other Swedish company's, In fact the CV 90 have a Scania engine (not an V8, i think!), but if you want a truck that is small can move anything and can do it every where, on or off the road or in the mountains, then you need the classic and famous Mercedes Unimog!

[ img ]

This is one of the new one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1UfJ6Cgz7g
This one is one of the more old one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKoaaDYsn8
But if you need to move something silly big, and 200+- hp and 1500 Newtons isent enough, then this one, a 1000 hp V10 ****** Newton-truck can do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnErOM9r4lI

And if non of them work the you either need a Russian Sibir truck or an tanks!

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 20th, 2013, 10:48 pm
These or a Tatra truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUDRiyrZ8pc
these trucks are also known as ATC (American Truck Company)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 20th, 2013, 11:21 pm
I did know Scania had something for light Off road use so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulCgTnCBBE

and if you ask Volvo, they will just ask, where!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58xUsLTnOc

but then these two company's specialty s long haulage with silly big engine.

BTW I have heard a rumor about an Test engine Scania made an V8 that delivered over 1500 hp and torque in the silly High end of the scale... I belive it was something about: "We could, but we are not bothered!"

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 21st, 2013, 12:02 am
:lol: I like all of those and think they are good trucks, but nothing compares to the Kenworth T800 and C500 for heavy-duty off-road jobs in the most demanding environments.

Ok, so continuing on. Up next is the Kenworth C-500, with a Fiberglass Hood and a Front PTO.
[ img ]

EDIT:
And here is the Kenworth C-500 Twin Steer with a Sheet Metal Hood
[ img ]

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 22nd, 2013, 2:48 am
Next: Kenworth T-800 Standard Hood. The Wide hood has the same profile as the Standard Hood, so this drawing represents both variants.
[ img ]

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 22nd, 2013, 4:38 am
ezgo394 wrote:
:lol: I like all of those and think they are good trucks, but nothing compares to the Kenworth T800 and C500 for heavy-duty off-road jobs in the most demanding environments.
This sounds like bullshit to me - I don't see these trucks being driven in Africa or the Australian outback.

Meanwhile...

[ img ]

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 22nd, 2013, 5:24 am
... Colo.... Uhh... Civilian stuff.. Not military. :lol:

Really, it's just personal opinion (plus it's what Kenworth says in their brochures :lol:).

[ img ]
^ That's the C-500 right there.

Kenworth trucks are popular in Australia
[ img ]

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 22nd, 2013, 9:27 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Kenworth trucks are popular in Australia

Australian truck companies have over the last year started to only by Scanias. Because these truck have much better comfort and a much much more powerfull engine (The Second strongest truck engine in production by the Scandinavian). The Only thing the Australians do is changing the gearbox. Because an Gearbox for Normal European Haulage gearbox aren't strong enough!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhJsi_UcxUs

And some Volvo propaganda:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lir_M2ulqX4

In Norway the Norwegian army are using Scania trucks And they are not bothered with driving those tanks (60-70 tons) down to the road, they just send the Scania trucks up the hill on tractor roads to get the tanks for the drive back to the road. for this we are using this one: http://www.trucksplanet.com/photo/scani ... _16734.jpg

They are popular in mains (together with other European trucks specially Volvo!):
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Scania and Volvo have an drive terrain that is designed for extreme off road driving, Now I don't know so much about US trucks, all I know is that trucks off today is the same truck of the 80's! And they are just a big metal box with weals.... that have and apartment on the back. Several truckers I have talked with saide that the bigest draw back with US truck in the later years is those "CAT" engine.

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Vehicles 6Posted: March 22nd, 2013, 10:47 am
Oh for the love of... Would you stop with the cock measuring contest!

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 2 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 550 »

Jump to: