Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1755 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 6:11 am
That pilot would definetely had visibility problem.And the Napier Dagger never solve its issues (cooling, maintenance, manufacturing, and weight),something which was behind all H-shaped engines,even that of BRM F1.So,if this aircraft would enter production,I think it would have a different engine and modified cockpit for better visibility.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 6:51 am
Wow, it looks almost like an air racer with guns added as an after thought. I love it!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 7:54 am
As an air racer could be plausible,supposing that the engine would last the race.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 9:03 am
It's an odd design I'll admit. It was a private-venture and Airspeed's first fighter design. I'm not sure as to the date of the design, its not mentioned in the Putnam entry I used (Airspeed Aircraft Since 1931) but it was sometime between the the AS.6, 7 and 8 of 1934 and the AS.10 Oxford of 1937. Given the Dagger-powered Hawker Hector first flew in February 1936 and the Handley Page Hereford was ordered in 1936 I would say the date is more likely to be around 1936. The Martin-Baker M.B.2 was designed to a 1934 Specfication but didn't fly until August 1938.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 11:51 am
Base on technical drawing from the : Midland - British Secret Projects - Hypersonic, Ramjets & Missiles and details loosely on Hood's Hawker P.1154.

I give you the Naval version of P.1154.
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Amazing work Darth! This just really shows how different the RAF and RN versions really were. Did anyone in Whitehall really think these different airframes were the same aircraft? :?

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 1:51 pm
That is the point, I scaled the drawing and then but your drawing under it.
And I though, that's strange...... did I got the right length? WTF? the frame is not even 50% common.

In that book British Secret Projects - Hypersonic, Ramjets & Missile also have a technical drawing of fighter version of Buccaneer.

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 21st, 2013, 3:21 pm
Awesome drawing! :o

One nit-pick though. I believe that omega became the symbol of 892 Squadron FAA only after the decision to scrap aircraft carriers has been made and the unit was to be the last (as it seemed back then) fighter squadron of the RN. So Having it on P.1154, while not impossible, seems bit unlikely, because continuation of this program would imply that there still are and will be aircraft carriers (rather more than one) in the RN and therefore 892nd isn't the last.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 7:29 am
Ok! I will change it.

[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 9:10 am
Antoher very nice addition Darth!
I hope to add the Avro 730 (which I've had on the go for about a year!) up by the end of the weekend!

I'm glad you didn't have a nervous breakdown on the P.1154! That's why I didn't the RN version as it needed a total redraw and I didn't have a suitable plan at the time, no amount of kit-bashing could do it. Even the wings are different too! Crazy stuff...

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1755 »

Jump to: