Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 11  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 611 »
APDAF
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 10th, 2013, 7:01 pm
*drools*

[Profile] [Quote]
Guillermo2312
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 1:25 am
extreme work! please post the blanks

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 4:49 am
I'm going to guess a Q-400 is in the near future? I'm certain at least LOT might use them.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 7:11 am
Thank You! :)

@Guillermo2312
An-26 is not mine (just modified) so there will be no blank,
Blanks (generics) for A310 and Dash-8-100 will be posted at a later date (there will be some more totally new additions in this thread, so I plan to post all generics at once.
Generics for Tu-134 and Il-62 were already posted.

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 711#p86711

But I also asked to abstain for a while from using them - and several others - for any real-life projects, as I have some of these in the works.

@Klagldsf
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 610#p87610
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 827#p87827

:roll:

Esp. considering some other content in the very same (second) post.

:roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
AF92
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Dear eswube, you are definitely producing really wonderful drawings thank you very much for your effort.
About Interflug, wikipedia says that they tried to get two il-86s in 1988 planned to be named DDR-AAA and DDR-AAB, do you have any plans to draw them?
But as a naval and aviation enthusiast i really fell in love with your drawings
A big thank you from me, hope to see more of your educational and interesting projects WONDERFUL WORK!!!

And i think Interflug also operated some tu-124s in early 1970s when il-62s had some engine problems, any chance to see them?
Again, amazing work!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 5:00 pm
@AF92
Thank You for kind words.
I plan to do Il-86, although didn't plan to draw it in the Interflug colors. But could think of it.

Tu-124 flown in the Interflug colors were owned and operated by East German Air Force. They will be included in this thread too.

[Profile] [Quote]
AF92
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 11th, 2013, 5:03 pm
Thank you very much eswube

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 14th, 2013, 3:44 pm
Interflug Gesellschaft für internationalen Flugverkehr m.b.H. (part III - Agricultural Aviation)

Equally - if not more - important to passenger-carrying services part of the East German airlines was its branch (branches, actually) dedicated to direct support of national economy, most importantly crop-dusting and general services to the agriculture. It should be noted, that in the German Democratic Republic farming was fully collectivised into Landwirtschaftliche Produktionsgenosseschafte (LPG - Agricultural Production Communities) nominal co-operatives where the land remained property of the farmers, but practically a state-owned enterprises. Large effort was put into achieving highest productive outputs in the East German agriculture through use of modern technologies, including widespread mechanization. Part of that effort was creation of extremely strong crop-dusting aviation, together with associated support establishments, including dedicated training centres and research institutes.

Agricultural aviation service within Deutsche Lufthansa der DDR was created in 1957 as the Wirtschaftsflugabteilung der Deutsche Lufthansa (roughly Branch of Flights for/in service of Economy of DLH). After the incorporation of the DLH (DDR) into Interflug it became Betriebsabteilung Agrarflug der Interflug (Operational Branch for Agro-flight of IF). Ultimately it has grown to an organisation controlling ca. 300 aircraft and thousands of personnel.
At its organizational heigth, besides the service Direction (in Berlin) and own Academy (Betriebsakademie Agrarflug) in Leipzig, it was composed of 5 Betriebsteile (Service Parts - "Wings") further subdivided into 10 staffeln (squadrons). They were:
-Betriebsteil I (Nord) - "North" - HQ in Anklam, divided into: Staffel Neubrandenburg (based in Anklam) and Staffel Rostock (Barth);
-Betriebsteil II (Mitte) - "Centre" - HQ in Kyritz, divided into: Staffel Schwerin (Schwerin), Staffel Potsdam (Kyritz) and Staffel Frankfurt an der Oder (Fürstenwalde);
-Betriebsteil III (West) - "West" - HQ in Magdeburg, divided into: Staffel Magdeburg (Magdeburg) and Staffel Halle (Leutewitz);
-Betriebsteil IV (Süd) - "South" - HQ in Leipzig-Mockau, divided into: Staffel Leipzig (Leipzig-Mockau), Staffel Dresden (Kesseldorf) and Staffel Erfurt (Erfurt);
-Betriebsteil V (Waldflug) - "Forrest Flight" - HQ in Erfurt, was not divided into staffeln and war responsible for the aerial services to the forrrest complexes in the south-western part of GDR.
Planes of Agrarflug were based on 17 permament ("base") airfield, and forward stationed on 30 other.

First planes of East German agricultural aviation were Czechoslovak Aero L-60 Brigadyr (Brigadier, but in sense of "foreman") light multi-role aircraft (used also as liasons by the East German Air Force). Total of 65 were in use by Wirtschaftsflugabteilung and Agrarflug from 1957 to 1974 (although from 1970 were generally just stored).

[ img ]

Next type, introduced around the same time as L-60, was ubiquitous An-2 biplanes, 16 of which (out of 23 total in service of the DLH/IF) were used as for agricultural services from 1957 to 1975.

[ img ]

Increasing wear and attrition of Brigadyrs meant that at certain point their succesor was needed. For that role the deliveries of Czechoslovak Let Z-37 Čmelak (Hummel) dedicated crop-duster begun in 1967, followed by its modified version Z-37A from 1972. Total deliveries amounted to 95 Z-37, 6 Z-37-2 two-seat trainers, 133 Z-37A and 9 Z-37A-2 trainers. While already in the late 1970s their planned successors begun entering service, due to various reasons Čmelaks remained in service until the end of GDR.

[ img ]

In the 1970 Agrarflug introduced its first helicopters - co-axial Kamov 26's, some 20 (?) of which were purchased. It should be noted, that airflow from co-axial rotors leads to very efficient spread of distributed substances, greatly increasing effectiveness of such crop-dusting. Kamovs remained in service until 1990.

[ img ]

After two decades of mostly Czechoslovak equipment, in the late 1970s Agrarflug switched to Poland as it's main supplier of aircraft. In 1978 it bought PZL-106 Kruk (Raven), with total 104 of which were delivered (58 in A version and 46 in BR version). After the reunification of Germany majority of these were sold to various South American countries where they remain in good use to this day.

[ img ]

Final type used in large numbers by Agrarflug was Polish PZL M-18 Dromader (Dromedary), 57 of which were delivered from 1984. After reunification they were mostly sold to other users, many of them in South America.

[ img ]

Besides the mentioned aircraft, Agrarflug leased more planes from Soviet Union, Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria. Additional types were undergoing comprehensive test programs evaluation their usefulness for potential use by that service.

General note: various (internet) sources differed significantly regarding the quantity of airplanes operated by the East German airlines, therefore I decided to follow the source that was giving most details - if it was wrong - then I'm sorry.

Note on registration markings: initially German Democratic Republic was using DDR- registrations, in 1956 they were changed to DM- and in 1981 again to DDR-.

To be continued...

Last edited by eswube on January 25th, 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 14th, 2013, 3:53 pm
Really nice, really nice, the checzk small planes are kinda attractive little things that don't get the attention their deserve among the aircrafts.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: East German Airlines in FD ScalePosted: April 14th, 2013, 4:04 pm
Thank You! :D
Yeah, it seems that - both generally and here on this Forum - main attention seems to be directed towards planes that are either "big", "armed" or "very fancy", but the real workhorses of aviation seem to be somewhat forgotten.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 11  [ 103 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 611 »

Jump to: