Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: March 25th, 2013, 11:33 pm
There is nothing wrong with my comment, you can assume due the perspective used you are looking straight through to their opposite number but artistically that looks odd to me.One of them actually has the deck gun behind it...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: March 25th, 2013, 11:43 pm
first it isen't an semi enclosed weather deck at the bow. it is an open deck with just some structure around replacing railings. than you have all those holes for water to go out an mooring opening. these holes are very often on the same place on the other side of the ship and thus you can trough in a 2D drawing.

If you don't believe me, go down to an harbor, find a nice large vessel and stand directly in front of the porthole. What you will see is the first porthole and the porthole on the other side, and whatever are on the other side of that other porthole. But here differ and SB 2D drawing from the real world, In the real world you are seeing tings in 3D that means as further away things are as smaller they look, and thus sometimes it can look like there is noting there, while on an 2D drawing everything have the same size when you look at it from any position.

So that way Facepalm. we are drawing 2D not 3D!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: March 25th, 2013, 11:52 pm
NM, I won't bog this thread down with more counter nitpicking which is what you are doing. I asked a simple legitimate question.

[Profile] [Quote]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 27th, 2013, 5:46 pm
kinda strange place to have that nssms ?? how will you reload it ?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 27th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Shipright wrote:
NM, I won't bog this thread down with more counter nitpicking which is what you are doing. I asked a simple legitimate question.
There's nothing wrong with it indeed. There are a lot of details about ships that are extremely mysterious to laymen but are fundamental to those who routinely work on or design ships. As we have both kinds of people here, some slack is necessary.

On the other hand, it does add more ammo towards torpedoing your claim that you're "an experienced US Naval sailor on a DDG-51 class." Frankly, it's looking more and more like a salvo's worth from a Soviet Akula wolfpack vs. a tramp steamer.

[Profile] [Quote]
Fox
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 28th, 2013, 10:17 am
schepper911 wrote:
Most likely in a shipyard.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 28th, 2013, 10:31 am
schepper911 wrote:
He have plenty space for reload it at sea!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 28th, 2013, 11:35 pm
klagldsf wrote:
On the other hand, it does add more ammo towards torpedoing your claim that you're "an experienced US Naval sailor on a DDG-51 class." Frankly, it's looking more and more like a salvo's worth from a Soviet Akula wolfpack vs. a tramp steamer.
And it's looking like you are still and internet tough guy who has not added a relevant observation outside artistic criticism as the shellacking you took in my thread showed oh so clearly.

I am not a particularly talented pixel artist by my own admission, certainly not as good as you. But you are batting .0 as far as technical details go so why not reign in you land lubber attitude a bit and maybe not post on comments two months old just to fail at inflating your ego?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 1:45 am
Shipright wrote:
And it's looking like you are still and internet tough guy who has not added a relevant observation outside artistic criticism as the shellacking you took in my thread showed oh so clearly.

I am not a particularly talented pixel artist by my own admission, certainly not as good as you. But you are batting .0 as far as technical details go so why not reign in you land lubber attitude a bit and maybe not post on comments two months old just to fail at inflating your ego?
Actually, that sounds exactly like what an Internet tough guy would say.

Also, Internet Tough Guy on a place like Shipbucket = major lulz

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Prowler Class OPVPosted: April 29th, 2013, 1:45 am
It does, I am laughing at you now.

Care to doubt my service again?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: