Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Zeck180
Post subject: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 6:28 pm
A forum filled with many who know much about ships and how they work and have lived around them. Then there are a few like me who are fascinated with ships even though we live miles from the nearest ocean.

So intriguing question exactly what is the largest ship you either sailed on or have at lest seen.

For me the largest body of water i've seen would be Lake Eire, the closets i've been to an ocean would be Bluefield, Virginia and finally the largest ship(boat) i've been on was at the National Mississippi River Museum William M. Black.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:03 pm
Likely it was USS Midway, but on ships that left port it would be MS Pride of America

The largest I've seen was CVN-76 Ronald Reagan in San Diego harbor.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:12 pm
USS Theodore Roosevelt, I went on a dependance cruise when I was a youngin. Oddly enough I haven't been on a carrier my entire time in the Navy, the largest one while I have been in is the USS Wasp.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:21 pm
I have lived in Bergen, and in the summer times all the biggest cruise liners are visiting Bergen, so yeah.... Just pick a name!

Except the Norwegian frigates, I have to answer one of the "Hurtigruten" (Coastal steamers) vessels. I think it's was "MS Kong Harald" or "MS Richard With"

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:30 pm
Emma Mærsk

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:34 pm
The ferries that go between Galveston and Port Bolivar.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 23rd, 2013, 10:56 pm
Largest ships? USS Nimitz, USS Ranger, USS New Jersey (baptised there.)

Largest thing I ever drove was USS Chancellorsville (CG-62) on a Tiger Cruise.

[Profile] [Quote]
deankal55
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 24th, 2013, 12:02 am
I saw the PCU Gerald R. Ford this past weekend at Newport News. She is getting close to completion.
The largest ship I have been aboard is the USS Carl Vinson.
The largest ship I have sailed on is the SS United States.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 24th, 2013, 12:41 am
deankal55 wrote:
SS United States.
At lest she's in better condition than her sister. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Largest ship(boat) you've seen/been on.Posted: May 24th, 2013, 2:22 am
Zeck180 wrote:
deankal55 wrote:
SS United States.
At lest she's in better condition than her sister. :)
Her sister(s) were never built - they were proposed in 1958 as a direct clone that would have taken the name "SS America" from the 1939 ship of the same name (and allowed for regular high speed trans-Atlantic service), and a slightly shorter sister that would have run for American President Lines on the Pacific runs under the name "President Washington".

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to β€œOff Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: