Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 12th, 2013, 8:12 am
I have these last set of comments, for clarity now put on the drawing:
[ img ]
most are purely drawing wise, design wise I would call her very good already.

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 14th, 2013, 2:17 am
thank you acelancelot.

I have incorporated many of these changes, and yes, those deck houses on the VLS decks are for generators. Also I will fix the Maskers, and I'm experimenting with the Blue Paint. It's really hard to make underwater detail stand out with these colors

Here is my latest, and I realize I said I would make any more major changes. However.... :) .....those RHIB's have been on my mind. SO here it is, modified again.

[ img ]

I'm liking the looks, lines, and overall "vibe" of the ship. I am pretty happy with it but am willing to listen to advice if I've fudged anything

Thank you all again

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 14th, 2013, 7:37 am
every thing that can be hided behind covers is good for stealth.

One thing I am wondering about: why that type of torpedo launcher and not an build in torpedo launcher like you see on today's vessels.

BTW for color, if you double click on any color, then you get up EDIT-colors, there shall be a button there that will show you the entire rainbow-color, there you can change to a better blue.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 16th, 2013, 2:31 am
Personally, I think going to the internal RHIB holding was a step back. I quite liked it in the open as it gave the ship the feel that the designers wasn't trying to goldplate it over what the Burke has, it had a mission, and it was going to do it.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 17th, 2013, 4:36 am
heuhen wrote:

One thing I am wondering about: why that type of torpedo launcher and not an build in torpedo launcher like you see on today's vessels.

BTW for color, if you double click on any color, then you get up EDIT-colors, there shall be a button there that will show you the entire rainbow-color, there you can change to a better blue.
Thank you heuhen. I have to admit, I've never heard of or seen any specifications for built in torpedo launchers. if you could provide a link to and information I would love to read about it. As far as I know this torpedo launcher is the same as on the newest ships.
As far as the Blue goes, I've switched back to red. When I complete my project, I'll go back and play with the blue

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 17th, 2013, 4:39 am
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
Personally, I think going to the internal RHIB holding was a step back. I quite liked it in the open as it gave the ship the feel that the designers wasn't trying to goldplate it over what the Burke has, it had a mission, and it was going to do it.
Thank you Sir for your comments. I know how you feel, but I like this set-up. Seems like it would make for easier launch and recovery. An added benefit is your small boats are out of the weather for the most part, which will make them easier to maintain and they will last longer. It would seem they are somewhat protected from fragmentation damage also

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: PARDON MY DUST, I'm creating a top viewPosted: June 17th, 2013, 4:45 am
OK, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this. Are there any hard rules for top view I should know about? Coloring would be my biggest question.

[ img ]

how's this for a start? I'm positive I nailed the VLS, as I looked up the specifications. However I just eyeballed the AGS gun housing and the generator deck house.

As usual any comments and or suggestions greatly appreciated

Thank you all again

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 17th, 2013, 4:54 am
We already have top views for the Mk41 VLS. here

As for the rest, well... Here's an example. My advice is not to color anything until you got the outlines.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 17th, 2013, 5:55 am
sabotage181 wrote:
heuhen wrote:

Thank you heuhen. I have to admit, I've never heard of or seen any specifications for built in torpedo launchers. if you could provide a link to and information I would love to read about it. As far as I know this torpedo launcher is the same as on the newest ships.
As far as the Blue goes, I've switched back to red. When I complete my project, I'll go back and play with the blue
the Mk 32 is also carried as twin fixed launcher. the dutch ships for example carry it that way (look up the karel doorman, kortenaer class and zeven provincien class)
the USN keeps carrying them as you have shown, indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 20th, 2013, 1:39 am
ok, had to do some redesigning due to the fact that some of the things I had were not possible with the top view. I'll get back at the top view, but I thought I'd post the changes and see what you all think. I had to redesign the forward bushmaster deck, the bridge wings and I moved the slq-32 to get them farther away from the AMDR antenna. Probably be a lot of interference with the two so close together. I have also added a small RHIB amidships.

[ img ]

Top view is a lot more difficult than I appreciated, But I'm liking the results. I'll Post when I have it farther along.

One quick question. Demon Lord Razgriz suggested I use the already drawn VLS. I looked up the dimensions of the 61cell MK41 and I thought I'd drawn it pretty good. How do you all come to agreement on which representations are the best, and is it a newbie mistake to use their own representations even if well researched and drawn? I would just like to know so I wont stumble into these "new guy" mistakes

One more thing...again haha. Do my keel stabilizers look ok now?

All comments and suggestions appreciated

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »

Jump to: