Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 20th, 2013, 7:39 am
for the parts: same reason as why we all try to use the same parts: these are accurate and all drawings have them in common. the base of shipbucket is that all parts are interchangable between drawings, hence the part sheets. while it is never forbidden to make your own parts, why would you if there are parts already available, possibly better drawn and researched then you could yourself?

the Mk 41 top view are accurate to the pixel, and differ quite a bit from your drawing. so there we have the reason :P I have not checked it's size, but I would think that is good...... but have you looked up the size of the hatches? and where have your exhaust vents gone?
so yeah, I would think mine more accurate ;)

if your stabilisers look ok, depends on your design. if they are now penetrating the reactor space or machinery spaces, then they do not look ok.
if they do not, I only have the comment that your bilge keels should not run upwards where you split them, but keep going down (otherwise you would have an bump in your ship, because the bilge keels follow the shape of the bilge) the stabilisers might be a bit bigger for a ship this size, but keep in mind that their width may not be more then the beam of the ship, otherwise they are smashed off when mooring. if you want bigger ones then that, you'll have to make them retractable or foldable.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 20th, 2013, 3:24 pm
I assume that aft most door in the forward superstructure is for Rhibs? If so it is gigantic, I don't think it needs to be that large. Also what is that more forward sliding door for?

As drawn your side by side VLS mags will not work. Take a look at the curvature of the bow as it moves aft, I have a hunch that the bottom of the cells and surrounding mag will be sticking out of you hull by the second deck. Also you won't have room for the breaks you have drawn extending from amidships through to the bow. Perhaps if you made it a normal sized passage instead it would fit there which means you would need to replace the blast doors opening ot the bow with a normal sized hatch (or smaller custom blast door). You might be able to solve both these problems by removing the space between the VLS mags that are not required (they are just steel boxes, besides some deluge and electronic hookups there is no penetration and that can be done on other sides).

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: topview updatePosted: June 30th, 2013, 2:43 pm
here's the latest top view. this is a lot harder than I appreciated.

[ img ]

I'm wondering if anybody knows the angles the AMDR and spy-3 panels need to be at? Horizontal, as well as vertical. Also still wondering on top view standards. like deck edges, do you just go from, say, non-skid one black line and that's it? I have tried a couple different ways of deck edging here. Like one black line, one grey line and two lighter black lines then non-skid. I like the way that makes lines contrast better. Especially when two different levels are together, such as amidships. Also warning circles. The one around my forward AGS is a more "real" representation, whereas the others seem more like what I would expect for shipbucket. Also, Is there a "top-view" thread or forum here anywhere? I've done a search and not been able to find much. Please help :)

PS I'm wondering what the blue window like thing on the bushmaster is. I've looked at different pictures and can see nothing that this represents.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions and nice words. you're a pretty cool bunch of guys and I really enjoy my time here

Fair winds and following seas

Joe

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 4:17 pm
Drawing topdowns awesome. It kills unrealistic designs very effectively and helps to understand ship more. Here this grinning apple. :mrgreen:

Shall I nick some of your topdown parts? I'm trying to build a sheet of them.

..and yes, I drew awesome avatar.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 4:31 pm
All the top-down parts he is using is already drawn, it's just him that doesn't to bother to use them.

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 4:55 pm
BoxOfRoundRocks wrote:
Drawing topdowns awesome. It kills unrealistic designs very effectively and helps to understand ship more. Here this grinning apple. :mrgreen:

Shall I nick some of your topdown parts? I'm trying to build a sheet of them.

Thank you very much BORR. feel free to nix, and I would love to see any and all topdown part you may have

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 5:01 pm
heuhen wrote:
All the top-down parts he is using is already drawn, it's just him that doesn't to bother to use them.

Sorry Heuhen, this buds for you
[ img ]

your VLS is the ONLY topdown part on this ship I could find so far. if there is another cache of topdown parts anywhere I would absolutely love to see it please.

And now since I have replaced the VLS with yours do you have any other comments regarding danger circle's or edges or anything else?

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: June 30th, 2013, 9:58 pm
Here's some stuff you might want to use.
[ img ]

Heuhen, I did pricktest! He passed as not a prick.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 8:26 am
a few comments....
BoxOfRoundRocks wrote:
Here's some stuff you might want to use.
[ img ]
where do these parts come from? some are just plain incorrect, some we have (different then these) already better parts for and I wonder why the 2 AGS mountings are different in width, which makes me think both of them incorrect until proven otherwise.

@sabotage181
the phalanx and RAM have top views as well. also, the covers around the VLS cells look a tad missized, maybe you'd best use the ones on the CSGN Mk 2 top view
also, your side and top view are completely mismatched and the angles for the radars are all incorrect (just look at the aft faces on the hangar, those should angle 120 degrees with each other as there are 3 of them, this looks closer to 45)
the 30mm bushmaster turrets should have an redraw, the side view first, the top view to match the side view, because they do not look like the real thing at all.
the AGS lite turrets may need an update, I think yours are too small but the ones posted on the post above me look wrong as well (even if only for the 2 of them being differently sized) if I have time I will look into these (and maybe some others)
also, do you have 2 big gas turbine generators and 2 small ones? your funnel setup (one bow, one stern, one funnel amidships) seems to suggest that....... you seem to lack air intakes for all 4.

also, this might just be me, but your bow looks way too round, I would suggest it a tad sharper....

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: CG(X) option two 23,000 ton BMD CGN(X)Posted: July 1st, 2013, 8:50 am
I've collected them from many drawings posted here and there.

Where are those correct top downs? It's like this thing with russian parts sheet. Only outdated sheet was available for long time and everyone advised against using it without pointing out any better solutions. Problem wasn't fixed until Gollevainen brought his AU sheets to daylight.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 »

Jump to: