Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 13 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1551 »
Tounushifan
Post subject: FD scale Junkers Ju-88Posted: June 27th, 2013, 11:38 pm
Hello everyone, I joined very recently, and I believe after some serious trial and error I have what it takes to at least post a few planes into the German Luftwaffe category. The WWII one.

So, cutting to the chase, here's my medium quality Ju-88.

[ img ]

I plan on doing the Bf-110 next. I understand which planes are already there, and I didn't see the Ju-88 so I figured it wasn't done yet. :( But mine is apparently going into the category anyways. After all, mine is the Ju-88 A-4, a different version than the one done. So I am crossing my fingers.

Again, the Bf-110 is next. It will be better than this one. Wish luck to a newbie!

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-88Posted: June 27th, 2013, 11:40 pm
Merging post into FD Scale Aircraft thread

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Junkers Ju-88Posted: June 28th, 2013, 3:33 am
TimothyC wrote:
Merging post into FD Scale Aircraft thread
Ah there it is. Thanks. :)

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 5:29 am
[ img ]

Bf 110 just finished. Hey, getting better!

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 7:52 am
Majhost is down for maintenance. Photobucket is trying hard to achieve title of most annoying and unworkable picture-sharing site of the world. And on top of it I have damn headache, so I'll keep it short, and perhaps slightly non-courteous.

1) Work on the detailing. Look on other people's drawings to see how things are being done.
2) When something is rounded (cyllindrical) - like fuselage (in this case of Bf-110) or engine nacelles etc. it should be shaded appropriately too - lighter shade along the upper edge, darker shade along the lower edge.
3) Before You draw something, look closely on that. Now it looks that wings of those Bf-110s blend into engines in a smooth way like on Northrop B-2 Spirit - which is clearly not the case in the actual plane. Additionaly You forgot to notice, that apparently on Your source drawing the Bf-110 was armed in WGr.21 rocket launchers under wings, and You've blended them into wings/engines like some ordinary panel lines (these diagonal lines under crosses on the bottom side of the wings). :P

That's how I'd draw it - with non-standard coloring to show shading (canopy frame along the upper edge should be made lighter too, but I was in a hurry, and am not in a mood to fight with photobucket to upload it again).

[ img ]

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 2:03 pm
As always eswube, your work is inspiring. Wonderful 110.

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Rhade wrote:

Sigh. :cry:

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Tounushifan wrote:
Rhade wrote:

Sigh. :cry:
Don't worry he is always so drunk that he dosn't bother to check ho draw that aircraft...

Rhade get some glasses :lol:

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 4:14 pm
How's this?

[ img ]

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: June 28th, 2013, 4:40 pm
@Rhade
Thanks. :lol: Not bad for less than 30 minutes of work, though now I see I could do some things better.
And besides, now when I did this one, I guess that I will not be able to resist doing the rest of the series... sometime much later. :D

@Heuhen
Rhade did check who draw what. Maybe check Your glasses? ;)

@Tounushifan
Sorry to make You feel bad. :(
It's just that Shipbucket community exists for some years already, including some 4 or 5 years of FD-scale part, so quality-wise we managed to become bit nit-picky over time.

Ok, so You've incorporated shading etc. But still got remains of that WGr.21 barely concealed (with panel lines ending nowhere) and that (really non-existent) "exhaust" still over the landing gear covers, and some elements hastily transplanted from my drawing.
You're making progress, but You're still not there.
My suggestion: start with something really simple. And first of all, analyze closely drawings of most capable FD artists (like DarthPanda, WhyMe or those with "FD Master" status) and look closely at the way they are making details.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 13 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1551 »

Jump to: