Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4652 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 1st, 2013, 12:34 pm
Nothing to specific but I've got a couple of images of FF-1054 with what appears to be a blue hull in what I'd imagine to be the late eighties or very early nineties...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 6th, 2013, 9:39 pm
not really systems, but I think these belong here.
[ img ]
these are some DESRON markings for the USN. I will upload more when I (or somebody else) draws more, these were scavenged from my perry drawings. especially when doing real designs, I think at least somebody will find some good use for them ;)
on a sidenote, I could not find which DESRON the first one was...... I had not marked it, and the perry drawings where more then a year ago. it was on the perry as of 1994.... if somebody knows, please post here or notify me and I will fix it ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BoxOfRoundRocks
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 23rd, 2013, 8:07 pm
I asked for manned Mk 38 while ago and found out that there wasn't one on parts sheets. Here's my try on it. Modified from Mk 38 Mod 2.
[ img ]

..and yes, I drew awesome avatar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ollie
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 6th, 2013, 7:28 pm
Decided to do the Spotting platforms for the Prewar WWII Battleships.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 6th, 2013, 7:42 pm
looks nice, but would you be so kind to provide top and/or front views of them as well? and maybe an idea, include a tiny bit of mast (as I suppose some of these were fitted on tripod or pole masts and others on cage masts)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 6th, 2013, 7:53 pm
... quite an interesting thing to make a "parts sheet" for. I didn't know the fighting tops were standardized amongst the different classes.

How were these drawn?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ollie
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 6th, 2013, 8:55 pm
Colosseum wrote:
... quite an interesting thing to make a "parts sheet" for. I didn't know the fighting tops were standardized amongst the different classes.

How were these drawn?
From what I've seen the fighting tops were more or less identical on ships of the same class with different classes using the same type with some modifications being made as time went on. It was these modifications that made them unique (IE the removal of the lower level of the her forward spotting platform to improve the firing arc) though only Arkansas, Nevada and Pennsylvania had truly unique fighting tops.

As for drawing them, I basically looked at every available picture I could possibly find as a reference and got their sizes by comparing them to the size of other things that have already been drawn in the part sheets to get them as close as possible to their correct sizes as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 7th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Quite nice. I knew they varied by class but I've never been able to see the change over time. very interesting indeed. Just a thought, maybe add the year each style was implemented. great work though, keep it up.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 7th, 2013, 1:35 pm
Excellent Idea IMHO but check the spelling of Arkansas ;)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Ollie
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: August 7th, 2013, 2:56 pm
Here's one with the Front Views
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4652 »

Jump to: