Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Andrzej1
Post subject: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: February 26th, 2016, 12:46 pm
I have read the topic about the North Korean Navy and I couldn't find the most up-to-date and the largest ship of the North Korean armed force - the twin-hulled frigate Soho. Using some low-quality blueprints found in the net I have drawn that ship. However, none of that blueprints included the underwater hull of the ship, so I have drawn it after the hull of Najin-class frigate (I thought that because of similar length of the ships the Soho-class uses twin Najin-class hull).
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: February 26th, 2016, 12:59 pm
of all possible hull shapes, I am certain it is not that of an single hulled frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: February 26th, 2016, 2:25 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: February 26th, 2016, 8:28 pm
It's nice that You tried, but I think (judging from certain remarks from Responsible Members) that "inventing" elements, esp. large (like underwater hull) generally isn't welcome. And generally trying to draw such little-known (in terms of reliable sources regarding appearance) ship is bit self-defeating - I suppose it has more portholes and doors on the lower deck, some rescue equipment etc.
And finally - if the helicopter deck creates an overhang over the level below, then it should be 3-pixel thick (same for supporting pillars).

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: February 26th, 2016, 9:32 pm
Yea!) Like Ace pointed out, this ship is a twin-hulled frigate.
She is supposed to be the first all-by-own designed North Korean frigate.
To have a good stability and carry a large amount of weapons. As I heard rumors, the ship was pretty much a failure, thats why they keept the Najin still in service (Or put back into service) and didnt build more. A number of like 4/6 ships want planned originally I believe. I cant say much about the ship and its service, but it does not sail much.. The Najin are even getting update witha cooperation witj Myanmar. This said, the hulls have nothing in common. The reason why I never drew it myself, was the lack of sources. The hull of Najin class is incorrect) I cant help much with it, but its weird ship. Other then that.. Ship drawing looks good)

[Quote]
1redItalian
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: July 29th, 2016, 3:03 pm
Hello! I am interested in the Korean People's Navy, and here some corrections for you.

This is indeed the "Soho". As it has been pointed out, they were truly interesting ships for the uncommon twin-hulls design (also it was not the larger North Korean ship, because "Najin" are longer).
Colombamike wrote:
[ img ]
Colombamike wrote:
[ img ]

This ship is however a different and more recent class, the "Nampo".
However it appears the design was changed because if you check on google earth they replaced the helicopter deck with a second castle. It is possible that the platform was just temporary and they painted the "H" for decoy toward analysts too.
Currently on G.E there is one ship launched and one not-yet launched in West Fleet and one ship launched in East Fleet.
Forward gun should be one of the Oto-Melara 76mm copies.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: North Korean Frigate SohoPosted: July 29th, 2016, 7:38 pm
The "OTO Melara copy" could be an Iranian Fajr-27, a reverse engineered early OTO Melara 76/62 Combatto, purchased from iran (or lisenced made in North Korea). North Korea generally has several interesting small warships, but midget submarines are their best.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: