I like the improvements, may I suggest a few alterations?
The engine room looks like it has port holes do you need to remove some under funnel? maybe as far back as the start of the stern superstructure?
34 - the .5 could be on each side for better arcs and potentially to make space for TT (FFBNW
due to treaty) with boats put in space instead?
Maybe do a 39/40/41 fit? with TTs and couple of 20mm?
43 - Not sure it needs 40mm as its going to be used in North Atlantic for convoys not the Med due to lack of speed? (and 40mm where still very good and in high demand in 43)
- Would it also land another 4" forward for hedgehog?
- Maybe fit more accommodation or a raised walkway on deck so that the crew can bypass the engine room in big storms/swell?
- Not sure the director would be fitted, due to top weight and priority?
52 - Is it not over weight with far more masts/radars, large gun director, 3xtwin 3", 2 twin (complex) 40mm, lots of DC and Squid (very far to the stern)?
If we are thinking Newfoundland and now very secondary ships would it not make more seance to go for something with less AA power as it can be deployed a long way from hostile AA near home and send the new DDs/FFs to the other side if the Atlantic/World?
So say more RN frigate conversion like a cheaper smaller type 16?
- 1 twin (or keep old single for weight & budget reasons) 4" on bow (or twin 3" if you have closer supply to USN?)
- 2-4 single 40mm sides stern for good coverage
- Squid (not as far back)
- larger bridge and CIC and I would rebuild superstructure for and aft for better accommodation (so dry link from bow to stern over main deck and engine/boiler rooms)