Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 27th, 2016, 11:19 pm
Yes I've seen that phot thanks, I posted that photo because it is the same pennant number but has a different style. Could be a different ship or was paired differently for a period of time. Either way I don't know because I can't read the ships name.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 28th, 2016, 10:00 am
According to Russianships.info, the Neustrashimiy (lead ship) has always carried number 712. That is the ship on Heuhen's pics, and the first version Golly posted.
The ship above, Yaroslav Mudry, has indeed caried number 727 for a long time, but is noted as having shifted to 777 this year.

Now that we have cleared that board numbers on Russian ships are flexible, the better question is, when does the Tempest's pic with the USN-style shaded outline date back to, was it just an experiment, or has it been carried over for further use?
A recent picture of Mudry as 777 shows no outline, which means that the habit hasn't taken, since it has been renumbered this year.
Conclusion: Outline-less numbering is apparently still the norm in the VMF.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 28th, 2016, 6:13 pm
That's a very nice drawing Golly.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 28th, 2016, 6:58 pm
Perhaps the US-style shaded outline was tried out sometime.

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 28th, 2016, 7:44 pm
Also, very nice drawing, by the way!
Forgot to mention it with all this nitpicking about the board number :lol:
The incremental upgrades from the Neustrashimiy really stand out, including some I had never picked up.

Do you by any chance know if the Neustrashimiy was originally planned to be refitted for commonality with the Mudry?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 29th, 2016, 9:56 am
Quote:
Do you by any chance know if the Neustrashimiy was originally planned to be refitted for commonality with the Mudry?
Not that I'm aware of it. Then again it wouldn't be that hard to retrofit Neustrashimy with the Uran and associated systems but my guess is that its still relatively expensive for Russians to do at the moment however.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 29th, 2016, 6:02 pm
I guess Gollevainen ignoring me means he's fully aware, of that photo and solution, or as I suspect doesn't like me.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 29th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Great addition.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 30th, 2016, 8:46 am
I feel the 3-D 727 was probably a temporary measure, perhaps for a navy day or something? Another wilder theory would be perhaps it was masquerading as a US ship for a film or TV programme?

I've never seen a 3-D Russian pennant number before so I reckon its a non-standard thing as a one-off.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 11540 Neustrashimyy ClassPosted: July 30th, 2016, 11:22 am
Quote:
I guess Gollevainen ignoring me means he's fully aware, of that photo and solution, or as I suspect doesn't like me.
No not at all, I just tought the pennant number issue was already settled.

Indeed the Soviet/Russians uses the pennant numbers quite differently than the westerners and like with many other things, its sometimes hard for the west to understand soviet/russian thinking. Yaroslav Murdy indeed had briefly that western-type 3-d pennant number after she left the shipyard for trials in early 2009 but already in the summer of that same year it featured the typical Russian simple 727 propably after she was commissioned for the Baltic Fleet. I drew the Murdy basicly by using close-up images of her in 2011 when the original 727 number was still in use.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: