Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 10:09 am
Thank You all very much for Your comments. :)

Novice - the guns actually are from the parts sheet, I just made their barrels bit longer (really their lenght is similar to diameter of the turret, while in the parts sheet it's only about 2/3rds). I admit that I drawn the radar myself, b/c the one I found in the parts sheet had dimensions much different from my reference drawings, but I can change that, no problem. Portholes are taken from the sheet too, and the doors I've modified already in a similar manner (I'm still waiting with uploading the drawing, so I can fix all the bugs at once).

Ashley - some ridiculous battleship would be... well, ridiculous. And there would be sooo many errors to fix... :( No, for a while I'll stick to rather small things. ;)

Hood - You mean, 5 pixel wide of space between vertical bars? I've made the railings with the vertical bars in "real" places. You mean I HAVE to change it?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 10:17 am
this sheet?
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc31 ... arms-2.png

for the railings: yes. the spacing between the railings is part of the sb standards.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 10:26 am
This one actually:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 20CIWS.png

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 10:34 am
that might explain the problem with the parts, that one is quite outdated..... I believe a better version of the radar is also on the Russian parts sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 6:58 pm
Acelanceloet - I assumed that if it's on the front page then it's ok. ;)

I hope it's better now. :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm
a lot better :P
and well... most stuff on the front page is outdated. a lot of people, sometimes including me, are working on new sheets for the main site. for now, the forums are more up to date though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 3rd, 2011, 7:52 pm
Looks good. I'd give this a 9/10 score as it stands at the moment.

The only thing that might be missing is the bilge keels though and one last final little item is that a black waterline is needed rather than the dark grey you have here. Other than that it is a very good drawing, especially for a newbie unused to our little rules and parts sheets etc.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 4th, 2011, 2:28 pm
moved to real desings

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 4th, 2011, 7:31 pm
Gollevainen - Oh, wow! Thank You very much!

Hood - Thank You for such a high score. :) As for the bilge keels, I admit it - my error. Now I've added them. As an explanation I can only say, that sources available to me differed about it - some didn't mention them at all, some said that one version had them, one hadn't, some that both versions had them, and some didn't mention it at all as they were showing the ships only above the waterline.
As for the waterline, I was convinced it WAS black. I don't know how could it happen. :oops:

I hope that now it's really the final version. ;)

[ img ]

And here is the drawing of Groźny's older sibling - coast guard patrol craft of the 912 type (Fala class, or Obluze in NATO code). In the years 1965-2008 five such vessels served in the Maritime Brigade of the Border Defence Troops, renamed in 1991 into Border Guard. Picture shows one of the ships (actually ORP Zefir) during last years of it's service (ca. 2004).
It should be noted, that during their service their tactical numbers slightly changed. Initially first three units wore numbers (respectively): OP-301, OP-302 and OP-303, but in 1967 numeration was changed and they were renumbered to OP-321, OP-322, OP-323 and two newly-built units in the series were given numbers OP-324 and OP-325. After formation of Border Guard ship numbers were changed into SG-321, SG-322, SG-323, SG-324, SG-325. (OP means Okręt Pogranicza - Border Ship, SG means Straż Graniczna - Border Guard)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Polish submarine chaser Project 912M Groźny (Obluze Mod)Posted: October 4th, 2011, 8:05 pm
... If there is the flag on the mast the ship is sailing and the aft flag should not be drawn.
By the way I don't understand the green border of the mast flag

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: