Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 4:31 pm
Sendai as of 1924:
while Naka recieved a clipper bow because of her construction had to be restarted after the Kanto Earthquake both Jintsu and Sendai retained the original stem profile of the previous Kuma and Nagara class light cruisers, the RDF equipment position also differed from that fitted on Naka.
[ img ]

Jintsu as of 1925:
identical to Sendai, the only way to spot Jintsu from the lead ship was to look at the RDF equipment fitted between n°3 and n°5 5.5-inch (140mm) gun mount as it was placed differently.
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 6:06 pm
BB1987 wrote:
identical to Sendai, the only way to spot Jintsu from the lead ship was to look at the RDF equipment fitted between n°3 and n°5 5.5-inch (140mm) gun mount as it was placed differently.
Looks like a slightly expanded radio room is part of that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 6:37 pm
This is very nice! hope you also plan on doing the Kuma class :P

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 6:44 pm
Great work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Erusia Force wrote:
This is very nice! hope you also plan on doing the Kuma class :P
that might be more complicated, as someone has claimed the torpedo conversions and they are actually WhyMe ships.

anyway, here is Jintsu as of 1932:
During a night training exercise on 24 August 1927, Jintsu rammed and broke in two the destroyer Warabi, sinking her, her bow was also heavily damaged and she had to be taken to Maizuru for major repairs; by 1928 when work where done Jintsu had been fitted with a clipper bow like it was done on Naka at the time of her completion, thus leaving Sendai as the only of the three sisters still sporting the old bow.
by 1932 Jintsu also recieved a tpe 2 catapult fitted on the, untill then unused, take-off platform, an Aichi E3A was also embarked as the reconaissance floatplane.
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 7:45 pm
What is your "primary" reference for all these fantastic cruisers? I always feel like there's "one" defining reference that's so good, I just end up having to draw those ships. For me that was Friedman's. So I'm curious if there is a book or website somewhere that has a bunch of cool stuff I've been missing. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 7:51 pm
"japanese cruisers of the pacific war" by Eric Lacroix, usually nicknamed "the cruiser bible" :D usually cross-checked with pics, drawing and other sources for some smaller details

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on January 28th, 2013, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: January 28th, 2013, 7:51 pm
Great work...can't wait for the wartime versions!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 2nd, 2013, 8:04 pm
it's been awhile, time for a new one am i right? :)

Naka as of 1934:
Naka was the first Sendai class cruiser tu enter the naval yards to be reffited, works lasted from april 16th 1933 to january 31st 1934 and the following modifications where implemented: a lookout platform was added on the minmast, also the fire control platform was enlarged, windows and a fixed roof where given to the bridge and the original 2,5 meter rangefinder fitted above it was replaced with a larger 4meter one; the hangar was converted into officer and bridge space, the take-off platform forward of it was retained tough, and a quadruple 13mm machine gun mount was fitted at it's end.
the simgle pole mainmast was replaced by a tripod one, adn the single 90cm ùsearchlights was replaced by two of the same type, a built-up derrick was also added for seaplane handling operations, a kure type 2 catapult was thus fitted between n°6 and n°7 5.5-inch (140mm) gun mounts, the latter of wich was shifted further aft, a Nakajima E4N was embarked as the recon seapane and the upper deck was expanded to starboard between n°6 and n°7 gun mounts.
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 2nd, 2013, 8:10 pm
nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: