Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2327 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 8:25 pm
David Latuch wrote:
Fire when ready.
aiming....

nah it looks good. but make sure the hull color are darker than superstructure color, and all shading is where it shall be. I'm saying that, because it looks a bit plane for some reason!

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 8:29 pm
Thanks, I'll keep at it.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 8:32 pm
The blue doesn't look like the correct shade, but don't take my criticism too seriously...this is a better job at camo than I could ever do. :D

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 9:21 pm
I just discovered that I was wrong. I was under the mistacken view that the scheme that I portrayed was for both the Tennessee and Colorado Classes. It turns out that it was for the Colorado class only. I am unable to find a drawing that clearly shows the distinction between flat black and the blue. The drawings I have makes them look the same.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 9:30 pm
Try this: http://www.shipcamouflage.com/usn_bb.htm

That is the go-to site for camouflage information. Here's the camouflage design sheet for Tennessee's Measure 32/1D:

[ img ]

There is no Ocean Grey (5-O) in this scheme - only Light Grey (5-L) and Dull Black (BK). The Deck Blue (20-B) color listed on the sheet was painted on the ship's deck and as such will not be visible in an elevation view of the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: April 30th, 2014, 11:42 pm
Exactly! That is the picture i have I can only identify two colors light gray an flat black. Where is the blue among the black?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: May 1st, 2014, 2:02 am
I wonder how much they could've rebuilt the hull since they put in so much into the superstructure, not to mention the huge-ass torpedo bulges (which ended up reducing top speed to 19-20 knots). I wonder if they could've extended the stern like the Japanese did the Kongos to get the hull speed up to, maybe, very optimistically, 25 knots?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: May 1st, 2014, 4:05 am
The blue is not among the black - like I said in the post, the Deck Blue is only applied to the deck itself - and as such is not visible in the elevation views. ;) It's a pattern consisting entirely of Light Gray and Dull Black. Funnily enough it's the same "Design" (1D) as that applied to Alaska in 1944: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/161 ... 201944.png

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: May 1st, 2014, 10:18 am
Thanks for the clarification. I thought my eyes were going funny.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: May 13th, 2014, 4:03 am
Here's a classic photo of Tennessee made even better.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/irootoko_jr/ ... fa1e55.jpg

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2327 »

Jump to: