Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: SMS Braunschweig (1904)Posted: July 17th, 2011, 12:13 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Dear ReiAyanami! A very powerful and competent illustration you've got there! However, the ovearll impression is severely marred by one very obvious (or so it should be!) mismatch: FLAGS, FLAGS, FLAGS! Your ship is flying above the Kaiserlische Reichskriegsflagge, also the ensign used in 1933-35, before the swastika-emblemed design was adopted! Please remove that and move the lower ensign up in its place. Otherwise a most wonderful drawing of one (historically) quite useless and failed Panzerschiffe-design. I hope you'll draw the SMS Pommern, and, possibly the SMS Deutschland as well!
That is strange, are you sure about that? Cause if you look here:
[ img ]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... laggen.jpg
The above flag is called Gösch der kriegsschiffe and the lower is called Kriegsflagge, being imperial collors I imagine they refer up to 1918. I guess we have to sort it, I was about to upload SMS Westfalen

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: SMS Braunschweig (1904)Posted: July 17th, 2011, 6:25 pm
In the other thread problems were reported with the guns and shading that failed to be pointed out here, so I fixed them
[ img ]

Last edited by ReiAyanami on July 17th, 2011, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: SMS Braunschweig (1904)Posted: July 17th, 2011, 6:55 pm
I think the issue comes that you have placed the Jack (which is similar in desing as the weimar-republic's ensign) into the mainmast, where its place would be in the jack-pole at the tip of the ship bow (and flied when the ship would be on anchor, so the ensign would be on the stern)

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: SMS Braunschweig (1904)Posted: July 17th, 2011, 7:10 pm
Well, I thought that it might be that he meant that sort of bussiness, the placing rather than historical accurancy of the flag. Cause they are actually quite different from weimar-republic's ensign, and I doubled checked it, coupled with the fact that his comment was barely intelligible. I'll edit the last picture then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: