Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: January 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm
Ex USS Gallup, Ex Soviet EK-19, finally the Thai Prasae, which became a static display after 2000 (lower hull removed):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: January 9th, 2012, 7:33 pm
Were the French Avisos built for trade protection, and if so,
would they be part of this category of vessels?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: January 10th, 2012, 12:21 am
Now you've done it, PB. You do realize you're obligated to do the Filipino fleet now, right? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: January 10th, 2012, 8:09 am
Quote:
Were the French Avisos built for trade protection, and if so,
would they be part of this category of vessels?
I'm keeping this topic for the Sloops and Frigates, built pre war and during WWII, but only based on original RN designs (hence the Tacoma); otherwise, it would become too unwieldy. In fact Rowdy is now working on the early sloops from interwar, but posting them seperately. :)
Quote:
Now you've done it, PB. You do realize you're obligated to do the Filipino fleet now, right?
Ha :lol: No way Klag, doing these 'variants' is definately 'exploding head zone'; meaning, it takes as long as to do one from scratch: the devil is in the details!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: March 20th, 2012, 6:27 pm
While looking at the River class to do a Portugese version, WhyMe noticed that my version is short in the hull. I've checked and agreed that it is at least 6 pixels short. WhyMe will do his own version for the Portugese navy; I'll rectify the error when time allows, but for now I consider it better to have the type represented than have them deleted. BTW, Novice's earlier version is correct in length - I should have used his hull ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: March 21st, 2012, 9:17 am
How about the Bay class? I recall doing Porlock Pay (In finnish guise) many many many years ago, almost from eyesigth, rather than from tracing... So it could use a new drawing as a base

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: March 21st, 2012, 12:42 pm
Yes, Loch/Bay class is next up in this series; I'm finishing off the Exmouth, then I need to get back to the Supply, but I'll definately move onto these asap :)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: March 22nd, 2012, 9:37 am
Lovely ships Bill.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 88 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: