Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Lurian
Post subject: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 18th, 2013, 6:29 pm
During the First World War the US Shipping Board ordered a group of sixteen troop transports to be built. But the ships came too late to see war service. They were all sold to civil operators. This is SS President Roosevelt. She was operated by the United States Lines.

[ img ]

Last edited by Lurian on August 20th, 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 18th, 2013, 8:09 pm
It's a good start, but the way you've shaded the hull plating makes it look several inches thick.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 19th, 2013, 9:43 am
This is very nice. Incidently I'm working now on this class and its companion class as well. When I'll finish they will be posted in the US merchant ships thread.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 19th, 2013, 10:12 am
some of those ship's were used by belgium at the beginning of WWII:
http://wielingen1991.userboard.net/t576 ... soise-1940

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Lurian
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 19th, 2013, 11:36 am
Thiel wrote:
It's a good start, but the way you've shaded the hull plating makes it look several inches thick.
Yes, I thought so too. But I'm scared that she's going to look a little bland, if I remove them. I’ll give it a try later today.
Novice wrote:
This is very nice. Incidently I'm working now on this class and its companion class as well. When I'll finish they will be posted in the US merchant ships thread.
Oh :shock: I hate the idea of my drawing being compared to your skilled work on a 1-to-1 basis :?. Thanks for the kind words. This is the only variant of the 535er hull in Merchant Service I'm going to draw, so there's more than enough space to explore. As the heading says I’ll be going down the military path with em.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 19th, 2013, 5:14 pm
A little word of advice concerning the plating as you drew them.
Just tone down the color difference between the hull and lines,and also re-color the anchor to a darker shade. Other than that it is quite excellent, a drawing to be proud of.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Lurian
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 20th, 2013, 3:35 pm
So... I've reworkded the shading on the hull plating and darkened the anchor. What do you think? I've also added some shadow at the Forcastle flare and the stern.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 20th, 2013, 3:43 pm
She look pretty good :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 21st, 2013, 11:04 am
Looks pretty good to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: Harris-class Transport / Attack TransportPosted: July 21st, 2013, 11:16 am
Nice work Lurian!
~Mike

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: