Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 28th, 2011, 12:46 pm
Time sorta rolled over them. I've read somewhere that Swedens quite fast realised that such ships wouldn't stay afloat long in modern combat enverioment, where the enemy could use its huge land based air arm against big surface units...and Them two were the only propable targets in Baltic. They were held some time at the Western Coast for operations in larger sea area, beyond the immediate reach of Soviet air power, but manning them became way too costly compared to their usefullness.

BTW; you need to take that drak grey line away beneath the 57mm barrels, thats horribly obsolete way of drawing them ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 28th, 2011, 1:19 pm
Well, I comment the drawing later when I can see it properly.

hmm...I was about to draw all swedish cruisers from Örnen 1897 to Göta Lejon 1946. Aswell as neverwheres. I got some good pictures to work with.
I strongly recommend the book 'Kryssare' by Curt Borgenstam and Per Insulander and the movie ' Göta Lejons sista resa'.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 28th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Nicely done, Bez! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 28th, 2011, 2:22 pm
Here is the orginal version for comparision
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 28th, 2011, 3:16 pm
Critique again noted. Now, if I don't get to it before the weekend, I'll fix the issues on Monday.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 29th, 2011, 12:07 am
I think I've corrected the listed items. Also modifed the position of the LW-02 radar aerial. I intended to do that with my previous update, but somehow managed to forget that! :oops:

Apropos the camo-version, including the Almirante Latorre-version, I may have to skip that, since my Paint (basic) program won't reproduce the necessary olive-drab that I desire for a large part of the camo-pattern. It'll do any shade (almost!) of grey to black, which is fine for those sections that were so painted, but green and olive-green, in this particular case it just won't allow me to do. Now, I could possibly trace the pattern sections as they should be, if someone with a better drawing program than I have will volunteer to do it...or simply: what the heck shall I do??? :?: :?:

Anyways; here's the final, all-grey version for your pleasure:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 29th, 2011, 11:01 am
The cruiser has dark red/ wine red underwater hull.

They where built after italian bought drawings that later where reworked in Sweden by Eriksbergs Mekaniska. The drawings where bought at the same time as Sweden bought four destroyers and four MTBs from italy in 1940. They where intented as flottilaleaders for foru destroyers and six large torpedoboats but when the airthreat grew the where transfered to the westcoast to quickly be able to serve in convoys going from britain to Norway with swedish supplys in case of war.

Both ships served as flagships for the CKF and staff.

HSwMS Götla Lejons last CO was Capt.Roland Engdahl (father of Swedish acadmey secretary Horace Engdahl) during her commision in 1964. He later founded the swedish coastguard. When she prepared and transfered to Chile in 1970-71 her really last swedish Co was capt Viktor Tornerhjelm.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 29th, 2011, 1:55 pm
Psilander wrote:
They where built after italian bought drawings that later where reworked in Sweden by Eriksbergs Mekaniska. The drawings where bought at the same time as Sweden bought four destroyers and four MTBs from italy in 1940.
"Italian style/influence" is clearly visible
Just compare with Etna design (designed by 1937-1939)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: January 29th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Time sorta rolled over them. I've read somewhere that Swedens quite fast realised that such ships wouldn't stay afloat long in modern combat enverioment, where the enemy could use its huge land based air arm against big surface units...and Them two were the only propable targets in Baltic. They were held some time at the Western Coast for operations in larger sea area, beyond the immediate reach of Soviet air power, but manning them became way too costly compared to their usefullness.
And even as contemporary cruisers, they were only so-so armed (though of course they were armed in accordance to Swedish naval doctrine).

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Tre Kronor-Class ReduxPosted: March 6th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Perhaps Halland and Ostergotland destroyers would survive if Sweden modernized them. I tried it (modernized Halland), but it was to wrong, as I do not know well Scandinavian weapons. But a AU CLG Tre Konor would be cool !! (I have in my computer the AU Finnish version that Gollevainen put in his AU Finland).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: