Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:14 pm
We are lucky it never got build...
If it would be build, then im sure the bridge would never been cut off and thrown on land in front of the museum. Because then Den Helder would really be a ghost city :lol:

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:16 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
If it would be build, then im sure the bridge would never been cut off and thrown on land in front of the museum. Because then Den Helder would really be a ghost city :lol:
whhaahahaaaa!

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:17 pm
Doesn't it say D866 or F66 on the bow?
Anyway, I'd make the line along the lower edge of the funnel grey instead of black since it isn't a 90 degree break.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:21 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
this bridge would take too much space as well ;) I think one of the reasons they could do that, was because the bridge could be transported in one piece, and did not take too much space :P

@ thiel: THIEL, YOU ARE AN GENIUS! you just found the exact year of this concept, as there is no way they could have used those numbers, it must be F66 (probably frigate 1966...) .... I didn't even bothered to look at it -.- I failed.

hmm, and you might be right about that line, will take a look how it looks.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 8:39 pm
[ img ]
updated the fixes described above.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1967 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 9:55 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
@ thiel: THIEL, YOU ARE AN GENIUS
I know :p

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 10:25 pm
You know I was just joking...but thank goodness the Dutch got their senses (and sensibilities) straight! The real ship that came off all these deliberations was so much elegant and balanced.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 10:26 pm
I wonder what they would have used the space above the funnel for.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 10:31 pm
Oh, one thing, ace, having studied the conceptual image better: The angled funnels should really be angled out much more than you've done; not so much a 'V'-form as almost completedly slanted on their side; i e horizontally. Also it's much thicker at the end than at the front, kinda resempling a drop form. If you want me I could take a look at it, but you'll decide that...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: tromp class (gw frigate) 1966 conceptPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 8:55 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Oh, one thing, ace, having studied the conceptual image better: The angled funnels should really be angled out much more than you've done; not so much a 'V'-form as almost completedly slanted on their side; i e horizontally. Also it's much thicker at the end than at the front, kinda resempling a drop form. If you want me I could take a look at it, but you'll decide that...
no thanks. I keep these, as the one you describe would be REAL ugly and, similar to what I did with the mast and hull, those would most likely be of similar shape to the real ship in reality.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: