Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 7:21 pm
There's nothing about 14" guns in 1912, since they are the heaviest guns around.
You're toting almost as much artillery as the contemporary Oklahoma class but you have a 10-15kts speed advantage.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 9:21 pm
I did look it up and the 14" gun was in development. the Nevada was the ordered in 1911 and it had 14" guns. I would think that the designers would have knowlage of 14" guns at the time of the design. that is why I said that it could have 12" or 14" for the design.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 3:36 am
I also have another question if any one knows. Where are the hatches to load cole on the older battleships? I thought they might be in the hull on the side over the cole bunkers. Does any one know? Thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 25th, 2012, 2:41 am
I took this version down, no reason to fill up space for old files.

Here is where it stands as of now. Working on the plan view and also added mor rigging to the elevation.

Last edited by Chuck ship art on January 30th, 2012, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 25th, 2012, 3:53 am
getting good keep going

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 25th, 2012, 5:21 am
I'd turn down the shading a notch or two.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 27th, 2012, 7:10 am
Image removed to keep the topic less jambed

Here is a updated version It is still a work in progress.

Last edited by Chuck ship art on January 30th, 2012, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 27th, 2012, 12:48 pm
The hull lines of the top view look a little bit thick. But other than that, this is a nice drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 30th, 2012, 4:59 am
file removed to save space
Here is a new veresion with the shading a little lighter. and I tried to add what I hipe indicates decking. I also added railing to the plan view still have some work to do on that.

Last edited by Chuck ship art on January 31st, 2012, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 30th, 2012, 1:35 pm
Charles! Good work so far, not sure if the wood-effect on the top view adheres to standards, have a look at textures in the real-life section for reference:
http://shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/France/CVBEARN.png
http://shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/Gr ... ia1952.png

I had to redraw that Curtiss floatplane in scale, hope it is of use to you...
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
http://www.aviastar.org/pictures/usa/cu ... odel-f.gif

-Edited to links, as too many pictures in the post!-

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: