Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 7:17 pm
A6M and B6N don't have that black outline Thiel, still fix it ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 7:34 pm
Yes. Might as well fix the two others .

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 7:57 pm
Done, but I still think that couple of our artist should take a look and maybe fix or improve something. ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 8:03 pm
Rhade wrote:
Done, but I still think that couple of our artist should take a look and maybe fix or improve something. ;)

[ img ]
they look great.

You can in the end test out some shading, to see what happens!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Thanks to you all guys! Rhade, i owe you a favor

Updated, and working on a portside view as well:

[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Nice one BB. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 9:19 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Updated, and working on a portside view as well
[ img ]

A pure Folly of trying portside views (to follow Bombhead drawing strategy).
Because you will miss/lack ACCURATE source for portside details
Madness to follow in his way .... !!!! ARGH !!!! :?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 9:27 pm
Well, i might remember you that working means that is still not finished, and as the island design is based on Taiho and i have some drawing showing Taiho from port side i can look there for details; also, real design can be accurate to the smallest detail possible because they can be based on pictures of the real vessels and must show exactly what the ship really looked, when it comes to never built ones there is always a small margin of interpretation left to the artist drawing it (or at least, that's my idea about the argument) or, for example i could have drawn only 1942 montana s designed and not 1945 and 1948 one, because while whe know what could be on board judging from how the US navy built ships in the same period whe have no actual sources showing appearance, and that's nearly the same thing here with the never built Ise versions, as the only drawings circulating are quite approximative.
Obviously this will not be intended as diminishing your assistance, as i said i'm just trying to explain why i tend to work in that particular way :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 29th, 2012, 9:41 pm
Sorry Mike I can't except that it's folly.BB is making exellent progress one these drawings.Every one has to start some where.It's always easier to draw real life.Never builts are harder but all BB needs to do is look at similar carriers of the period and make educated guess' as to where things go on the PS.Your doing good BB.Well done.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship (unbuilt conversions)Posted: September 30th, 2012, 1:59 am
Wonderful work. Do you plan any machinery upgrades? What would the full air wing consist of as far as numbers?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: