Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 540 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 6th, 2014, 10:31 pm
The Victorian and Edwardian Royal Navy is a treasure trove of strange and unusual ship names.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 6th, 2014, 11:27 pm
Impressive start! :)

Once I toyed with idea of an AU country with Atlantia-ish (or Tol Galen-ish) location, although unrelated to British Empire, but eventually decided that some elements of it's backstory would be problematic to fit with certain elements with real life history so I dropped the idea altogether.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to see further updates! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 7th, 2014, 10:20 am
Yes Thiel, yes it is =|

To be fair short of just going to start on another planet there's not much you can really do without buggering up OTL to some degree. I guess it's all about the compromises.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 7th, 2014, 10:28 am
It is difficult to add land to 'Earth' with out balancing it out on the other side of the world. Where Tol Galen is there should be a lump of land of similar size about where the Chatham Islands are.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 7th, 2014, 10:57 am
Indeed, such are the perils of AUs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 7th, 2014, 12:32 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
It is difficult to add land to 'Earth' with out balancing it out on the other side of the world. Where Tol Galen is there should be a lump of land of similar size about where the Chatham Islands are.
IMO the main problem is about plate tectonics, which means that the landmass must 'fit' with the others.

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 8th, 2014, 9:47 am
Just like the original Atlantia thread, now this is what you call an AU. :D
Looking forward to its progress. [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 8th, 2014, 5:01 pm
I've been awaiting this thread with much anticipation and you haven't disappointed! Looking forward to seeing more :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 8th, 2014, 5:30 pm
Thanks for the kind words gents. There should be bits and pieces of progress throughout the week.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 8th, 2014, 6:07 pm
Your post-war ships look good, waiting for the ww2 (my preference).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 540 »

Jump to: