Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 713 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 15th, 2012, 11:17 am
The Walkyria is awesome! Same as concept I used when I made my personal Dutch cruiser a while back :)

[Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 15th, 2012, 8:11 pm
denodon wrote:
Some very nice cruiser designs indeed. That CVL kinda reminds me of Sierans Lazarev class. The destroyers too are also interesting in that they reflect the changing nature of warship design quite well.

As for aircraft, if Gotrige and Sieran do form an alliance, you might be interested in Sierans TB-31 series of dive bomber/torpedo aircraft. They are underpowered for their weight due to Sierans ongoing lack of suitable engines but they would be available. Sieran currently operates three naval squadrons of these bombers, of which are rotationally based on the Lazarev (she only has a capacity of about 12 partially disassembled aircraft in her small hangar as she is used for training solely and Sieran does not use deck parks due to the weather).
Thanks! :D I might have had the Lazarev in the back of my head while making this(don't know). But, since Seiran's and Gotrige's ships industry will become rather intertwined, it would be fairly sensible that such ships are similar. Glad you like the destroyers too.
Yes, using your TB-31 might indeed be an idea, or at least use as a prototype("historicaly"). You're free to use any of my AU parts as well for Seiran, if you'd like. :)
ALVAMA wrote:
The Walkyria is awesome! Same as concept I used when I made my personal Dutch cruiser a while back :)
Thank you! I guess great minds think alike! ;) :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 18th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Thought I should notify and link on the new update for Gotrige; the treaty between Gotrige and Seiran. We're posting it all a specific thread, and here's the link: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =14&t=3302

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm
Time to post another group of ships! :D
The Walkyria and Djärhv has recieved some minor updates.

We beginn with a AA-cruiser, designed both as a destroyer force leader and a prototype for the Walkyria.

The so called Visingsstahd class was designed with two greater purposes in mind: First, to follow the destroyer squadrons and provide overwellming firepower in these engagements, with double the broadside of most destroyer afloat. Secondly, to act as a form of prototype for the future 6" AA cruiser. Overall, it was considered a very succesful, and many of the elements lived on in the Walkyria class, most notably the artillery arrangement, albeit with one turret less.
The
Visingsstahd class consisted of six units, and entered service from 1939-1942. Two of these ships, were however captured by the Kreigsmarine when the Germans invaded. One of these units, renamed the Balder in German service, followed the Bismarck and the Prinz Eugen on their sortie in 1941. She was hit by a torpedo from a Swordfish which broke her back, her crew being left to fend for themselves.
The rest of the class would serve in almost every theatre of WW2, though they would slowly be phased into the pacific.
In 1951, one of these units was sold to Nymark, the rest serving to 1969, after recieving new SAM upgrades in 1964-65.

[ img ]

The Knegt class was little more than an update of the Dhärhv class. They had a smoother hull, and with two extra twin 25mm mounts, they had a marginaly stronger AA suit. The first unit entered service in 1930, and the last in 1932. The class was intended for twelve units, but was cut short at eight, as a new 130mm DP gun was being evolved.
The class served as a modell for the
Djärhv class' modernation, erasing any differances they initialy had.
Trusty and hard, they served through WW2 with no losses, despite being somewhat aged at the time. All units had been sold for scrap by the end of the 1940's.

[ img ]

With a rather undefined main purpose, the ships of the M1 class were classed as mine sweepers, but would equally often serve as ASW units. Built in large numbers during the 1930's, with a comparatively heavy armament of two 105mm guns, and a heavy superstructure, they would often find themselves ending up in(and not too rarely beneeth) waters they were never made for.
Used for coast defence however, they would be balanced and effective crafts. Built largely in wood, they had little problem taking care of magnetic mines and similar devices.

[ img ]

Hope you like 'em! :D

Last edited by KHT on July 24th, 2012, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 4:47 pm
Very nice! I really like the M1.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 5:51 pm
I'm ot really sold on the Knegt class. The superstructure looks too much like a post-war design.
I'd cut it down a deck and put an open or semi enclosed bridge on top of it.
Also, I doubt they'd have enough life in them after nine years of peace time and five year of wartime service to sell them to anyone, especially when the market is being flooded with new constructions at bargain prices.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm
Raxar wrote:
Very nice! I really like the M1.
Thanks! It took some figuring to make it right. :D
Thiel wrote:
I'm ot really sold on the Knegt class. The superstructure looks too much like a post-war design.
I'd cut it down a deck and put an open or semi enclosed bridge on top of it.
Also, I doubt they'd have enough life in them after nine years of peace time and five year of wartime service to sell them to anyone, especially when the market is being flooded with new constructions at bargain prices.
Hm, I'll be seeing to this. After you mentioning it, you're right about the superstructure(at least the bridge).
When I update it, I'll fix the background story too.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Nice additions. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 10:14 pm
They are very nice! Although, the funnel on the M1 might be a little high for the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: July 20th, 2012, 10:23 pm
I'm surprised you went with such an extensive director setup on the M1.
Given the cost and scarcity of these installations I'd expect it to mount nothing bigger than a Mk 54 or equivalent.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 713 »

Jump to: