Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1222 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: April 27th, 2014, 7:10 pm
These are great little ASW corvettes. Very excellent work.

My only observation is that it would be nice to have an ahead-throwing ASW weapon, for classification duty (if it starts to run, it's not a rock!), since you're almost certainly stuck doing brown-water operations with a ship of this size.

The Russians have always had an excellent series of RBUs, at least to my eyes. For a western flavor, the Swedes have probably been the most active developers. Consider, say, the ASW-600 series? These were available in about the right period, being ordered about 1985 and entering service about 1992.

[ img ]

I'd rather have these than the depth charges, frankly. You don't have enough of the latter to engage in prolonged low-level work, and the real killing is going to be done by the SVTTs anyway.

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: April 28th, 2014, 7:19 am
erik_t :Thanks. :D Ayutthaya have no diplomatic relations with Russia since the country has come up again. All weapons used against America and Western Europe. Until 2010 the two countries began to trade again. The Army had ordered 36 Igla manpad missiles in 2010 and 6 Mi-17 Transport helicopters in 2013.

The navy buy Russian weapons to use on Modern Corvette ships(i'm still drawing) and very interesting Amur Class submarine. But Russian submarine to contend with. DW1400T from Korea, A26 from Sweden and Type214 from Germany.

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:10 pm
By the the urgent projects for protection Burma submarines. Daganda Class built by Cantiere Navale Breda (Itlay) but install all weapons by Ayutthaya local shipyard (Jusmin Shipyard and Somchai Shipyard).The navy bought the 4 last units 375mm anti-submarine rockets from Bofors warehouse(to install in 2 class Corvette Ships).The hangar fit for SH-2F Seasprite ASW Helicopter. Have area for long-range surveillance radar but never install. this modern corvette base on the Lavapura Class AAW Frigate. Sadral was chosen instead of Phalanx or RIM-7H Sea Sparrow.

Ayutthaya Daganda Class 1994 Anti-submarine warfare(ASW) Corvette

[ img ]

General specifications:
length: 97.8 m
beam:12.9 m
draft: 5.1 m
displacement (max): 2,350 t
max speed: 29 kts
range: 4,000 nm @ 18 kts
complement: 122
propulsion: Combined Diesel and Diesel (CODAD )
4×MTU 20V1163 TB83 diesel engines 24,000 kW (32,000 bhp)
2xShafts with controllable pitch propellers

Sensors:
1xThales ZW06 a surface search and navigation radar
2xKelvin-Hughes 1006 navigational radar (on hangar can use for Helicopter Approach Radar)
1xKoden MDC-2220 x-band navigation radar 25 kW (2010)
1xSelex NA-30S fire control system
1xAtlas DSQS-21C Sonar
1xESM Elettronica ELT 211
2xECM noise jammer Elettronica ELT 318

Communication systems:
UHF antennas
Link11
2xSatcom

Armament:
1xOto Melara 76/62 mm compact gun
2xTyphoon 25 mm manual machine gun
2xM2HB machine guns
1XSadral CIWS for 6xMistral surface-to-air missile (1997)
1xBofors Quad 375mm Anti submarine rocket launcher
2xMK-141 Launcher for 4to8xHarpoon anti-ship missiles
2xMk32 3-tube torpedo launchers for Mk46 torpedoes
1xSLQ-25 Nixie torpedo decoy
2xRheinmetall MASS Decoy systems (2000)
1x10 tons Helicopter Deck
1x10 tons Helicopter Hangar

Last edited by superboy on May 5th, 2014, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:18 pm
Really, really nice. You got good touch on SB style, and your designs seems reasonable and so authentich that I almost had to take peak at some old Janes, wheter they didn't really exist in South-East asian navies.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:28 pm
I agree, looking quite nice.
on this last vessel I have a few comments though:
- I doubt the ZW-06 radar is capable of doing the search for the AA missile. I would suggest an DA series radar.
- I find it a bit weird you have an weapon first used in 1949 on an 1994 ship :P (the bofors depth charge mortar) there are more modern versions, the sextuble one on the wielingen class for example, but those look a bit different from these :P
- your walkway does not reach till the waterline under any angle (and that is what they are meant for)
- the stabilisation fin is not entirely closed
- the C3 is painted on I think? in that case it should follow the shading on that part of the hull a bit.
- you have 4 surface search/nav radars, 3 of which are forward. I think you can loose at least one (preferably the ZW-06, mentioned earlier)
- check the stern shape and the bilge keel shape, they seem not to represent the normal hull shape as it is.
- keep an eye on the fact that the SVTT and the ASW mortar are aimed at about the same ranges. it is not uncalled for to have both, but if you have to loose something one of those, (or their ammunition magazines) might be an good start.

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:53 pm
Ayutthaya Daganda Class 2016

The Navy have plan to update Daganda Class in 2016. to install the new systems and weapons . some systems and weapons will move to the other ships and some transfer to her. AN/SQR-18A(V) Sonar Tactical Towed Array System transfer from Ayutthaya Phimai Class to Daganda Class after decommission in 2014

Russian weapons come back after the two countries began to trade again. RBU-6000 Smerch-2 rocket launcher will replace Bofors anti submarine rockets( time expired) . the 90R rocket have range 4,300 m and Depth 1,000 m

[ img ]

-replace Thales ZW06 a surface search and navigation radar with Sea Giraffe AMB Multirole Surveillance Radar
-replace Atlas DSQS-21C Sonar with Atlas Elektronik DSQS-24C
-install AN/SQR-18A(V) Sonar Tactical Towed Array System (old part)
-install L3 Common Data Link Hawklink AN/SRQ-4 radio terminal sets ship-to-helicopter datalink radios
-replace Bofors anti submarine rockets with 2xRBU-6000 Smerch-2 rocket launcher (total=24 rounds)
-replace 2xSatcom with 2.5m X/Ku Band and X/Ka-Band tatical satcom terminal
-install Link16 Datalink
-replace Thales SEWACO Combat Management System (CMS) with TIRA CMS (New Standand CMS base on SAAB 9LV CMS)
-replace ESM Elettronica ELT 211 with ESM ITT ES-360
-replace ECM noise jammer Elettronica ELT 318 with ELT NETTUNO-4100 ECM System
-replace Mk46 torpedo with Mk54 Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo
-replace Mistral surface-to-air missile with Mistral2 surface-to-air missile
-replace Harpoon anti-ship missile with Harpoon2 anti-ship missile
-replace Typhoon 25 mm manual machine gun with Typhoon G 25 mm remote machine gun

Last edited by superboy on May 5th, 2014, 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:12 pm
Very nice corvette designs. Keep it up!

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:36 pm
Gollevainen thanks :D . i'm use many design from Thai navy ships.

acelanceloet this ship doesn't in the main plan. Ayutthaya not have more budget the old weapons and the old systems will reduce the cost .This ship must be install DA05 radar at sadral launcher but cancel because no money. in South-East asian if you buy some thing you will use until time expired. the update plan was very long time like this ship.

C3 is the big my mistake i see it but forgot :evil: . thanks for your comments i will update and post again ;)

eswube thanks :)

Last edited by superboy on May 4th, 2014, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 5:12 pm
keeping an 50 year old system working (secondhand) might be costlier then an simpler, modern system. if you new build an 50 year old system you have the same problems.
I would suggest keeping the DA-05 (or even an DA-08, the electronic systems of the DA-05 are these days refitted to be the same as that of the DA-08) instead of the sadral launcher. that would give you air warning/fighter direction capacity, and would allow you to use the 76mm gun against air targets as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of Ayutthaya AUPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 5:39 pm
Quote:
Gollevainen thanks :D . i'm use many design from Thai navy ships.
Nice. Do you have plans to draw some of the real life Thai ships?

Also, Here is more accurate description of the RBU-6000
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1222 »

Jump to: